XMAS Spiral cut ham and Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMAS Spiral cut ham and Turkey

Well I got the Spiral ham ready and the Turkey ready. Both sitting in my garage until tommorow around 11am when Im gonna put them on the Smoke Wagon.....Heres What I did

Turkey- Injected 16 oz chciken broth and two sticks of butter mixed with some seaoned salt

Ham- rubbed with mustard and a shit load of brown sugar

My Little Helper

And a little xtra!! Tonights dinner was a bunch of Hot wings with some dipping saces and little smokies in oven with bacon and brown sugar. Kids snack all day and now Im done so will enjoy a few adult bevarages now....
    RIP!!!Smoke Wagon Victims

Hey Chris,

That little guy is throwing some heat at that plunger! You go little man! Bet he isn't excited for Santa to come or anything??

I also see some bacon wrapped smokies on that plate...GENIUS!

Bet that ham and turkey is gonna be some good eats. Don't forget the pics of the smoke wagon in action.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Did you get all 16 oz of chciken broth and two sticks of butter in to that turkey?
      Wow! I can't wait to see how that comes out.
      I just brined mine al la Richtee with some wine and herbage.
      "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

I like the laundry reduction idea... PREP NEKKID! Hehehe...
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by moselle View Post
          Did you get all 16 oz of chciken broth and two sticks of butter in to that turkey?
          I used every last drop!!! Sucker was swollen up like a hot air ballon!!!

Comment

Here we go!!!!! Here I am using my very first weed burner for starting my fire...Ohhhhh soooo nice!! As soo as I walked out to start the fire it started to snow. Its cold out and makes lighting the Smoke Wagon hell because I get a build up of steam for the longest time....Anyway the weed burner helped a lot...

That is the steam I mentioned....

Turkey and Ham rested over night on my boat in my garage...Was cold so no worries..Nice dry skin so should eb nice and crunchy

Comment

Looking good man.... Nothing like a roof overhead in this crappy weather...

Comment

Here they are about 2 hours in. Temps in Smoker steady 290 and Turkey now at 163... Gonna pull the ham and wrap it shortly...
                Also here is our dressing/Stuffing which i do not put in my birds..
                It has Ground sausage, jalapeno sausage, apples, onions, cornbread and lots of spices...Is all prepped and waiting on 4pm to bake for 1 hour

Comment

[QUOTE=scpatterson;167545]

My husband just looked over my shoulder and saw this picture

I cant' write what his comment was, even on this forum

Oh meat, you've got to laugh!
                  "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

[QUOTE=moselle;167550]
                    Originally posted by scpatterson View Post

My husband just looked over my shoulder and saw this picture

I cant' write what his comment was, even on this forum

Oh meat, you've got to laugh!
                    I think I was thinking what your husband was thinking! LOL!

Great spread sir! Man, you did it up right! Awesome pictures too. Cute PJ's in the outdoor shot and what a cutie patootie helper you had manning the injector!

Comment

All now in kitchen for resting..I added my dumplings to my pot of chicken and dressing in the oven. i pulled the turkey at 172 for a total time of 3.5 hours at an average of 280 degrees. when I pulled the probe from the Turkey it shot juice out for 3 inches. i cant wait to cut this thing I didnt temp the ham as it was already cooked. Will post some final pics later when we cut for dinner around 530..
                      Merry Christmas everyone

Comment

Well dinner is over!! The Turkey was so juicy that even aftre resting for almost an hour when I cut it it just flowed every where...The juicest turkey Ive ever cooked.
                        Ham was very good too. Had tons of smoke flavor and much better texture than if just heated and ate..
                        Also had a Homemade Key Lime Pie and Caramel pie along with Chicken and dumpligs and Dressing....
                        My battery went dead on my good camera and cant find charger so had to use Adeliens small camera

Comment

Had some seconds on the Turkey and it was still juicy even after reheating today

Comment

Nice xmas spread ! I bet it was all delicious
                            2-22.5'' weber
                            1-18'' weber
                            1 smokey joe
                            22.5'' wsm
                            24'' smoke vault
                            1-outhouse
                            Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                            Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Thats funny Mo. I just read this and was gonna ask the same thing. Looks like a feast to me and great teaching the boy some tricks of the trade.

Originally posted by moselle View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X