44lbs Buckboard and 6lbs Canadian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44lbs Buckboard and 6lbs Canadian

Trimmed up 75 pounds of butts today. 50 pounds went to bacon, 44lbs of buckboard and 6lbs of Canadian. I used a cure kit from Hi Mountain Jerky that I ahve used before and makes good bacon. Next time Im gonna go with something I make myself but for now this will do....10 days waiting and will smoke it

RIP!!!Smoke Wagon Victims

Woah! Thats alot of macon bacon.

Comment

That is gonna be good
      sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

good lookin meat , I luv that Hi-Mountain bbb cure ,it makes good stuff
        sigpic
        homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

That's a load of bacon! I'll have to try that Hi Mountain cure.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Tommorw is Bacon Day. Its been curing for 10 days. I took it out and rinsed it a few times in cold water. Single layered it on paper and put some garlic powder and a bunch of fresh ground black pepper. Then took it out to the shop and put it on table with fan blowing on it to dry some before tommrow.
            Plan on smoking with Hickory for 10 or 12 hours and maybe sprinkle with some brown sugar before it goes into the smoker...

Comment

lookin good.......and if yer pepper ain't fresh cracked/ground, it ain't near as good!
              sigpic
              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

OK Chris - so you are here for about 30 days, are you able to ship this to your destination or is this for family and friends
                Scarbelly

Comment

Man you have been busy as heck lately with that smoker. That will make some great bacon. I am due for a batch myself. Do you remove the bone then cut the butt in half? I can't remember what I did last time.
                  Propane Smoke Shack
                  UDS
                  Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                  sigpic

Comment

Coming along nicely. That amount should hold ya over for a while
                    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
                      OK Chris - so you are here for about 30 days, are you able to ship this to your destination or is this for family and friends
                      I take some with me but most will go in the freezers for when I get back. I like keeping them stocked but I do give away some to just about anyone who will come get it..

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
                      Man you have been busy as heck lately with that smoker. That will make some great bacon. I am due for a batch myself. Do you remove the bone then cut the butt in half? I can't remember what I did last time.
                      I cut around the bone this time. I cut my 2 inch thick slabs off first as much as possible and then cut away the smaller stuff and used that for my sausage..

Comment

Bacon is in the smoker. I was able to hang it all on one level so it dont look like its 50 pounds but its there...Plan on smoke 10 hours and then hang for the night and slice and package tommorow....

Comment

Originally posted by scpatterson View Post
                          I cut around the bone this time. I cut my 2 inch thick slabs off first as much as possible and then cut away the smaller stuff and used that for my sausage..
                          That's a great idea especially since you are making sausage. I like the uniform pieces but I usually run into a few ugly looking pieces when I remove the bone and cut it in half. Oh well it all tastes the same in the end. I just use the ugly not full slices in other foods as it gets chopped up anyway.
                          Propane Smoke Shack
                          UDS
                          Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
                            That's a great idea especially since you are making sausage. I like the uniform pieces but I usually run into a few ugly looking pieces when I remove the bone and cut it in half. Oh well it all tastes the same in the end. I just use the ugly not full slices in other foods as it gets chopped up anyway.
                            I do the same. I will trim mine up to make better slices and use the trimmings in beans and such. They get packaged the same but used as season meat...

Comment

I ran the smoke for almost 20 hours instead of 10. It just didnt ahve the color I wanted at 10 hours. This tunred out way better than my last bacon project. I havent sliced it all yet as I wanted to cool it down over night and slice later. I used some for my pizza I posted and this was just a treat....Very good stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X