A Good Find... I Hope!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Find... I Hope!!

Ever since I bought the Klose, I knew I needed to install a ball valve on the drain... it came with a cheapo thread-on cap, that when you unscrew it, you get nasty chit all over you.

Sooo, I got on Klose's website, they have the 2" brass ball valve that fits it for $49.50, without shipping of course... seemed a tad pricey. I went to Lowes, and "Lowes" and behold, they had the same thing for $43 and some change... still a bit pricey. Then I looked at the PVC ball valves... found a 2" for $9.64... that's more better!

I was a bit concerned about heat screwing it up, butt I got to thinking, where it is placed on the smoker belly, at the far end from the firebox, there's not enough heat to hurt it... I hope! When the farkin' wind dies down, I'll go out and install it... it is NASTY out there!

So, here it is:

If it doesn't hold up, then I'm only out a few bux, and I know where to get the brass unit...

Thanks for looking!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Yer fine with the heat concern, Hawg. Good choice!

I miss that pit...
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

i dont have a drain but i use pvc on my uds intakes and have never had a problem with heat and they are a lot cheaper than brass.....
      Mike
      Oklahoma City
      22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
      Weber 22.5 Performer
      GOSM 3405gw
      Boomer Sooner Drum
      Maverick ET-732
      Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
      A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Yer fine with the heat concern, Hawg. Good choice!

I miss that pit...
        Cool, I didn't think it would be a problem...

Sorry you miss her... come on out and visit and we'll cook sumtin in her... she's a fine machine and loves to show off!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
          i dont have a drain but i use pvc on my uds intakes and have never had a problem with heat and they are a lot cheaper than brass.....
          Thanks for the input doc... and nice avatar!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
          X