Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, and some Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, and some Nuts

It's been awhile since I posted and thought i'd share a few pics. I didn't get enough but I got some. For Christmas this year money was a little tight (wife just had our first baby), so for gifts I thought I'd cold smoke some cheese, and also smoke some nuts to give as gifts.

Here is the mixture I made for the nuts. Pecans halves, Almonds, and Peanuts. I got the recipe from someone on here. It has honey, butter, brown sugar, some cayenne, and salt.

I can't say they were a success just because the lump I used wasn't the greatest for this (just didn't have any other fuel at the time). SO the strong mesquite flavor attacked the honey and really stuck with it. The mixture/seasoning was excellent though, so next time it's hickory.

Here is the cheese, I didn't get a shot of the provolone, but I made my cold smoker out of a tin can and soldering iron (here is the youtube link I got it from). Used Apple Wood dust, and some hickory chips. Smoked for about 2 hours per side.

I can't comment on how the cheese turned out yet...it's been vacuum packed and is mellowing for the 10-14 days now. I'm getting real curious though since I gave it as gifts w/o trying it first...

Well sir, congrats to you and your wife if I haven't said it yet on the first born child. You did a great job on the gifts and there ain't nuthin better than homeade gifts.

Comment

Nice Job! ...... That all looks Awesome
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

looks good and congrats on yer first!
          sigpic
          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Working...
          X