No announcement yet.

Best Indoor Or Counter Top Appliance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Indoor Or Counter Top Appliance ?

Any input on what is a good indoor cooker, or appliance for stuff like chicken, pork, beef, etc.... Like the Ronco, etc..... Getting tired of being rained on outside & need option B for indoors.... I know Gunny has that cool old Rotisserie thingy (Farberware?) ..... Anyone else have any ideas?
    sigpic

save yer $$ and use the oven..........there really isn't a beter device for roasting.
    sigpic
    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

I agree Rob..... My application would be in my "Man Cave" away from the main kitchen area..... I'm trying to be self contained down their, so I will never have to leave....
      sigpic

Comment

My buddy has one of them rotisseries, made by DeLonge? Awesome little cooker for what its made for, chickens, roasts and such. And doesn't heat the whole house up.
        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

We have a small countertop convection oven that does a really nice job... had it for several years now. I forget the brand name right off hand, but it was a K-Mart/Walmart type of purchase, and very reasonable.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Here it is...

We have this one...

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach...4251399&sr=1-1

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
              i was just going to post that one..........you will want a convection unit to even out the temps.
              sigpic
              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                We have a small countertop convection oven that does a really nice job... had it for several years now. I forget the brand name right off hand, but it was a K-Mart/Walmart type of purchase, and very reasonable.
                I'm with Pop Pop. I love my little countertop oven... it bakes, broils, roast and it even has a rotisserie I also really like my George Foreman grill.
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

just move the smoker into the kitchen...

lol

Later,
                  Andy
                  Current babies:
                  -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                  -RichTee's Lang :)
                  Former Lineup:
                  -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                  -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                  -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                  -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                  BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
                    just move the smoker into the kitchen...

lol

Later,
                    Andy
                    ...... I'm trying to ~STAY AWAY~ from the kitchen, thus the "alternative" cooking unit ..... Good ideas so far..... We have a big George Forman, but never use it.... I'm thinkin something like what Pop Pop suggested, or a Ronco ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      ...... I'm trying to ~STAY AWAY~ from the kitchen, thus the "alternative" cooking unit ..... Good ideas so far..... We have a big George Forman, but never use it.... I'm thinkin something like what Pop Pop suggested, or a Ronco ?
                      Well, for less than a $100, I'd give it (Hamilton Beach) a whirl if I were you. Like I said, we've had it for several years and it still works great!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

in all seriousness, one of the best kitchen appliances, other than the oven, knives, etc. would be a good-sized crock pot. i have a decent sized one, but even when i go to make a chicken or something, it's still too small. i have seem/smelled/tasted/heard about some damn good 'Q from a crock in the past.

Later,
                        Andy
                        Current babies:
                        -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                        -RichTee's Lang :)
                        Former Lineup:
                        -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                        -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                        -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                        -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                        BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Yeah, got a regular sized crock pot & a large roaster & the Forman, but really I guess I am thinking in the mode of rotis chicken & ribs maybe?
                          sigpic

Comment

Man, how do I choose? Yer talkin to the kitchen gadget king here. I have 5 different crockpots, 6 different sizes of electric roaster ovens, a 3 tiered electric steamer, electric deep fryer, 2 sizes of George Foremans, a GT Express 101, 2 food processors, a blender, a smoothie maker, electric choppers, a KitchenAid mixer, waffle irons, a bread machine, a giant Showtime rotisserie that will do a 24 lb turkey, a FlavorWave oven and a snow cone machine.

I really like the Showtime rotisserie. I've done ribs, beef and pork roasts, rib roasts, chickens, turkeys, burgers, steaks, chops, hot dogs/sausages, fish and kebabs in it and everything comes out perfect. One of my favorites though is a basket of ShakeNBake coated chicken legs to munch on, so crispy and juicy! I've checked out lots of rotisseries, before buying, and I think the Ronco/Popeil Showtime is the best. you can do alot more with them than the smaller or vertical ones.

The FlavorWave oven is really nice too, especially for those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer for dinner. You can cook foods right from frozen in them in the same time or less than it woud take in your stove oven. I make a mean rosemary coated pork roast in it and chickens come out golden brown with crispy skin. Frozen snacks like pizza rolls, fries, chicken fingers, fish sticks & poppers are done in a heartbeat.

And don't forget the snow cone machine. Why? it's great for summer parties, family reunions and picnics. not only do the kids form long lines for them, the adults almost shove the kids aside for snowcones with different flavors of fruit schnapps poured over them.

Comment

WOW John!..... You are the small kitchen appliance KING!

I did not know the Showtime came in a "Giant" model.... That I Like ... The Nuwave oven looks pretty neat also....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X