Pain Aux Lardons (Bacon Bread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain Aux Lardons (Bacon Bread)

Vlap started a thread about this kind of bread a year or so ago. I finally got around to baking it. It starts as a very stiff levain made with your sourdough starter. The final dough has white, wheat, are rye flours and is a pretty stiff and dry, so it's not light and full of air pockets like most French bread. It's fairly dense, but very moist. I added steam to firm the crust. It has diced bacon in it also. I used bacon that I cured and smoked a couple months ago.

One of these is going to the guy that gave me the hundred lb bag of flour.

I think we'll keep this one.

I'll give this one away since it looks so nice with the diagonal slashes.

It has a wonderful smokey aroma.

Ahhhhh, life is good............. FOR MY FAMILY!!!! I'll eat a small toasted piece.

The family says this bread is fantastic, and I believe them.

BTW. I'm 71 lbs lighter as of today and I am off my blood pressure medication too.

Tom

Looks awesome, I'll take a loaf please. Congrats on your weight loss and off the meds...
    Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
      Looks awesome, I'll take a loaf please. Congrats on your weight loss and off the meds...
      Yeah what 13 said...... nice job
      sigpic

Comment

Get on it Big Rebar Concrete Daddy!... So glad you better...Man...ya know YOU SUCK!... Cause that bread is scale clikin right! Uhhh...slide me a slice with a dab o' butter please!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

71??? I thought I did good after my divorce(15 years ago), I lost 50 on the booze and hot dog diet, people asked me how much I had lost, I told em 170 lbs. Well, , , she went 120 and I figured it was cumulative
          Great job on the bread too Tom and congrats.
          JT

Comment

WOW Tom thats some beautiful lookin bread!! I sure would like to try making some sour dough one of these day..
            sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
            members mark upright propane smoker
            kingsford bbq
            23"weber kettle

Comment

Alot of them there french breads start with the word "pain" Looks good Tom.

Comment

Hey...OBTW...where'd ya get that peel?
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

That's just some beautiful bread. I have to give you not only for the bread, but for losing the weight.
                  Mike, you can get a peel like that at almost any restaurant supply house. Looks just like mine.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Hey Alx did your cat eat your tounge? you dont talk to good no more.

Comment

Good looking bread and congrats on the weight loss, im going on a serious diet so i wont be looking here so much anymore lol and not its not a stupid new years resolution it was that hideous fat bastard i saw on a webcam the other day that did it for me jeez !!

Comment

Beee-utiful! Damn, man...yer gonna bankrupt those po' drug companies at this rate...
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice work Gunny.Damn fine bread and congrats on the weight loss
                          sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

that and some beans..................
                            sigpic
                            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

You had me at "It has bacon in it" Nicely done
                              https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Working...
                              X