Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing The 1970 Version Of The MAN CAVE! & How Many Cool Ideas Can We Think Of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing The 1970 Version Of The MAN CAVE! & How Many Cool Ideas Can We Think Of?

Well here she is, in all her custom built 1970 glory..... This is Fishawn's new MAN CAVE! ..... I am in Real Estate as an appraiser & we bought this house as it had the size & 1/2 acre lot we wanted & is within 5 minutes of K-12 schooling, central Tumwater & Interstate-5 freeway access & is on a cul de sac with 5 other houses in a super quiet neighborhood. About 75% of it has been newly remodeled, but knowing we had some projects in front of us for the rest of the house I made a deal that the wife gets the upper floors to do what she wants with & I get this area.... It's 24' x 24' (576 square feet), on a slab & as you can see has BLUE carpeting & Brown paneling walls ..... According to the sellers, the carpeting is about 5 years old & is in good shape, but its BLUE.... Everything else is 41 years old or so.... ..... It has a wood burning fireplace.... a slider leading outside to the patio/deck area, a door to the garage & up the stairs to the right is a 1/2 bath, so it's really pretty much self contained.... Everyone that has seen it really seems to like it, it's really like a fricking time capsule.... So for now, it will stay as-is & the wife gets to finish the upstairs hardwood flooring & lighting..... I am planning on replacing the BLUE carpet with probably something in putty color or similar, painting the paneling a mushroom type color, replacing the base trim with 5" MDF painted white trim & sanding the window & door trim to its natural lighter color & oiling or similar to give it a richer look.... So in general, I think I'm looking at a finished look that resembles an older beach or lake type cabin or similar that has been updated with all kinds of different stuff, if that makes any sense .... I have a couple of friends that have cabins, 1 at the beach & 1 on the lake & that's what I'm shooting for.... Nice & Clean.... But quirky & unique.... I have been collecting different fishing, sports, outdoor style stuff for several years, so I have a good start on the pictures & decorating.... I am open to any ideas & although I probably will not have time or $ to start on it till Spring or Summer, I can still have me a beer or 9 & look around at it & figure out what I wanna do.... It will be a "party room" in general as we do entertain & have sports viewing gatherings quite often, so it should be a fun & VERY casual place to hang out when done.... Here's some pics

The patio/deck BBQ/Smoking area off the man cave

These will be BBQ/Smoking cubby storage holes, handy to the patio/deck areas

Here's the slider, end of bar & BBQ/Smoking cubby area behind the bar

Door to garage & stairs up to 1/2 bath & main floor

Bar area

Bar area & microwave.... I have a small stainless fridge for the opening in storage

Bar

Tiny Bar Sink..... Thinking a larger one would be more useful

Cut out for full size beer fridge & freezer

View from Bar..... Slanted88 on the TV

View of Room
    sigpic

70's allright, but I'm digging the bar and paneling, by the way I am listening to the Grassroots on youtube on the PC right now.
    sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post

View from Bar..... Slanted88 on the TV
      You big dummy!

Bowww chikkia bow bow! Marilyn Chambers.... Rollo... Maude... Aunt Esther oh my flashbacks
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I had not seen Sanford and son in years... I watched 5 minutes and was laughin... King of the insults old Fred was... Just set the DVR to tape the shows on TVLand... Funny shit!
        sigpic

Comment

No self respecting man cave would be complete without one of these. The tapestry ones, not the cheap poster ones.

https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Liking the man cave....looking good
            Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
              No self respecting man cave would be complete without one of these. The tapestry ones, not the cheap poster ones.

Ooh Ooh! Yeah! GOTTA have that. Hmmm maybe a "velvet Elvis" too!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post

Funny as hell, that's what I gave my Bro as a house warming gift for his mancave. You gotta have one
                Also, wood flooring if you've got the coin. It'll save you a ton of money on carpet cleaning if your BBQn and partying down there.
                JT

Comment

A lava lamp and a ceramic bong would accent this space nicely!
                  sigpic

GOSM/propane
                  UDS (Cam)/lump
                  22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                  Weber Genesis/propane
                  Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

The ceramic bong is a must for sure and I agree with the velvet Elvis - man 25 years ago I could have sent you mine
                    Scarbelly

Comment

Originally posted by lcruzen View Post
                      A lava lamp and a ceramic bong would accent this space nicely!
                      Oooh Yeah Dude!! Definitely!
                      Gonna shape up nicely Scott. Nice place bro
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Wow, it's like a time capsule!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

That's a hell of a nice spot you've got there.

Lots of possibilities for sure. Definitely looking like a great BBQ/party hangout.

Dave
                          Last edited by DDave; 01-07-2011, 08:41 AM.
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Looking good....I may be willing to pay for new carpet though....

My basement had red with same paneling....

Comment

Really does look like a man cave right down to the ole cigarette smells lol brings back memories from my childhood seeing the wood paneling Its gonna be cool, hell you already have the big screen down there your almost done haha

Comment

Working...
                              X