salsa... i hate capsaicin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salsa... i hate capsaicin

it's been 4 #$^%'ing hours and my eyes still burn. my peanut butter n jelly sammich turned into a spicy peanut butter n jelly sammich... I hat this shit.

i know it's a stupid question, but what do i need to lather onto my hands to neutralize this stuff? i know i know... next time use gloves. at this point, i could care less about "next time". my face burns NOW dammit! lol

Later,
    Andy
    Current babies:
    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
    -RichTee's Lang :)
    Former Lineup:
    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

I just remember my sister telling me she had OD'd hands on Japs. She lives down in the Delta and a voodoo somthinorother told her to wash her hands in a paste of sugar and water..rinse and repeat Really...

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post

i know it's a stupid question, but what do i need to lather onto my hands to neutralize this stuff? i know i know... next time use gloves. at this point, i could care less about "next time". my face burns NOW dammit! lol

Later,
      Andy
      Have your old lady kick ya in the sac. That way your mind won't be on the pain in your hands.

Live and learn brother, live and learn. Last year I cleaned out about 40 Japs and a few Habs with no gloves. Why? Cuz gloves are for pussies, thats why. At least thats whay I said at the time. My hands felt like someone closed them in a car door. They hurt for 2 days, I kid you not.
      https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

That was awesome MH...never used gloves either....
        Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

At this point wait it out and be thankfull you didn't go take a piss. I had a bottle od Da Bomb Final Answer I kept at work. 1.5 million scoville units of heat. One of my co-workers got into it without using gloves. I warned him about that. He put it in his noodle soup and then went to use the restroom. By time he got back to his desk he was heading back to the restroom in a panic.

Extremely hot peppers and extracts are no joke. But you know this. I wish you a speedy recovery. Hang in there!
          Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
          Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
          SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
          Yoder Wichita
          Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
          Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
          Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

I've always hear to soak the hands in milk to neutralize but the kick in the groan will work faster for sure.

Comment

You can gut it out, or rinse with rubbing alcohol or wd-40. Whatever you do, dont touch your junk, or any mucous membranes. Especially if they dont belong to you.....
              Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Ow. As my 9 year old daughter would say, "Sucks to be you".

She hasn't really developed tact yet. We're working on it.

I don't have anything helpful to offer but one time I was at a Mexican restaraunt and I order chile reileno ( or however the hell you spell that ).

Anyway, I went to cut a piece and got a stream of juice right smack in my eye. Then, like a dumbass, I started rubbing it. I thought I was going to die or go blind right there in the restaurant.

Hang in there and I hope it feels better soon.

Dave
                CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                UDS 1.0
                Afterburner
                Weber Performer
                Blue Thermapen
                Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                Auber Smoker Controller
                Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                -
                "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

how about this:

at least 1/2 the time will bring comfort..........

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                  You can gut it out, or rinse with rubbing alcohol or wd-40...
                  actually you might be on to something there.........i always heard lemon or lime juice. since capsaicin is alcohol or oil solualble it should work. all ya gotta do is fiddle wit yer olive in yer martini............
                  sigpic
                  it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Comment

Alcohol would help, as well as those manly man type handcleaners. Maybe even the pumice-containing ones... because it's soaked in a bit. Actually, by the time it's burning, it might be too late to stop it. Maybe lessen... or should that be lesson? it.

I guess we all do this to one degree or another ONCE ...hehe!
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

sprite or lemon juice works too.the milk is a good idea.
                        spices & hot foods were on modern marvels last night & explains it well.
                        there's a protein in dairy products that bonds to the capsaicin & effectively washes it away like a detergent.
                        brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                        18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                        cast iron Hibachi
                        22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                        & rotisserator
                        12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                        stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                        Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                        http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                        my music recordings-
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
                          Have your old lady kick ya in the sac. That way your mind won't be on the pain in your hands.

Live and learn brother, live and learn. Last year I cleaned out about 40 Japs and a few Habs with no gloves. Why? Cuz gloves are for pussies, thats why. At least thats whay I said at the time. My hands felt like someone closed them in a car door. They hurt for 2 days, I kid you not.
                          Hang in there AC... yeah - that definitely SUCKS!! MH must have had a sonar thought collector above my house last fall.... I now use gloves!

I tried everything - milk, limon juice, mustard, hell I even googled it and and used a mixture of clorox. I'm not sure which one worked, but about a day and a half later, my hands... and my junk... quit burning!

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post

at least 1/2 the time will bring comfort

https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

all seems tyo be better now. my wife and I were watching Kevin Hart standup last night and we weere laughing so hard, i started crying. when my dumbass went to go wipe the tears, i forgot about the peppers. it hurt, i posted, and about 2 housr later, all was good. I only used about half a dozen japs and about 3 or 4 serranos. thank god, nothing more.

Later,
                              Andy
                              Current babies:
                              -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                              -RichTee's Lang :)
                              Former Lineup:
                              -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                              -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                              -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                              -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                              BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Working...
                              X