Pizza dough from scratch and pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza dough from scratch and pizza

A big thanks to BbqDerek for all the questions he answered for me and babysitting me lol This was my first go at homemade dough and it went very well and easy, I didnt have the best flour because my local store didnt have the high gluten flour but the crust was thin crispy and crunchy!! Tasted great for first time but i will get better flavor on the crust as i learn im sure, texture was good but more like crunchy bread than the pull of good crust. I did put it on the bottom of the oven to help cook the crust good and moved it back up to middle shelf.

This was after hour rising

Last edited by Pandemonium; 01-12-2011, 06:16 PM.

Real nice!...Nothin better than your own... I'm cheatin tonight...Publix has their fresh dough at the bakery for a buck 79 a pound...Calzone...is on Been to dern cold here to wanna do anything..
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Good looking pizza. I'll take two slices to go please.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I'd say you missed one thing... inviting me arse for supper!! Looks gerat bro!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

shoot for a first time you had me going...that looks professional buddy....i would buy some that .....great job ......

BTW thats the same kind of pan that i used as a diffuser plate on my last drum worked great
          wife didnt like it too much tho
          Mike
          Oklahoma City
          22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
          Weber 22.5 Performer
          GOSM 3405gw
          Boomer Sooner Drum
          Maverick ET-732
          Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
          A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

looks really good, pandy!

for anyone interested, we've got a pretty good discussion on pizza dough going on in our italian section at FOTW:

http://foodsoftheworld.activeboards....e=pizza-napoli

it might provide some good tips and pointers for anyone having problems. also there is a very nice dough recipe from naples, italy that i have had good success.
            Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
            Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

Thanks guys man i need a new camera the damn button is stuck that does the autofocus and it just eats batteries because its like shorting out, you cant leave batteries in it or they die in ten mins

Comment

Working...
              X