Food holding times/temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food holding times/temps

I was wondering the guidelines for food holding times and temps for meats and cold foods. Say in a self serve situation.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

I've often wondered too, Rich. Chef BBally probably has that info and should be around shortly.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

http://sop.nfsmi.org/HACCPBasedSOPs.php

Rich I didn't get to closely examine the info here but it may contain the information you are looking for.
      "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
      PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Comment

Woah. It MUST contain it...LOL! Thanks man! points
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Check some of the links on the side as well. Looking further it seems to be how to set standards at a restaurant. Can't tell you how many classes I took where I had to sign this crud while cooking at the Ritz Carlton.

I will look around and see if I can find my book that was used to get my food safety certification.

Comment

5. For cold foods held for service:
            • Verify that the air/water temperature of any unit is at 41 ºF or below before use.
            • Chill foods, if applicable, in accordance with the Cooling Potentially Hazardous Foods SOP.
            • All cold potentially hazardous foods should be 41 ºF or below before placing the food out for display or service.
            • Take the internal temperature of the food before placing it onto any salad bar, display cooler, or cold serving line and at least every 2 hours thereafter.
            6. For cold foods in storage:
            • Take the internal temperature of the food before placing it into any walk-in cooler or reach-in cold holding unit.
            • Chill food in accordance with the Cooling Potentially Hazardous Foods SOP if the food is not 41 ºF or below.
            • Verify that the air temperature of any cold holding unit is at 41 ºF or below before use and at least every 4 hours thereafter during all hours of operation.

CORRECTIVE ACTION:
            1. Retrain any foodservice employee found not following the procedures in this SOP.
            2. For hot foods:
            • Reheat the food to 165 ºF for 15 seconds if the temperature is found to be below 135 ºF and the last temperature measurement was 135 ºF or higher and taken within the last 2 hours. Repair or reset holding equipment before returning the food to the unit, if applicable.
            • Discard the food if it cannot be determined how long the food temperature was below 135 ºF.
            3. For cold foods:
            • Rapidly chill the food using an appropriate cooling method if the temperature is found to be above 41 ºF and the last temperature measurement was 41 ºF or below and taken within the last 2 hours:
            • Place food in shallow containers (no more than 4 inches deep) and uncovered on the top shelf in the back of the walk-in or reach-in cooler.
            • Use a quick-chill unit like a blast chiller.
            • Stir the food in a container placed in an ice water bath.
            • Add ice as an ingredient.
            • Separate food into smaller or thinner portions.

Holding Hot and Cold Potentially Hazardous Foods, continued
            (Sample SOP)

CORRECTIVE ACTION, continued:
            4. Repair or reset holding equipment before returning the food to the unit, if applicable.
            5. Discard the food if it cannot be determined how long the food temperature was above 41 ºF.
            Is that what you were after ?
            Seems to be the most relevant from that list - but doesn't give times - just temps.
            Hmm, now why does that sound familiar
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Reheat the food to 165 ºF for 15 seconds if the temperature is found to be below 135 ºF and the last temperature measurement was 135 ºF or higher and taken within the last 2 hours.
              Times are in there. Its been a while since I have reread all this stuff. God what a boring class.

Comment

Working...
              X