Smokin' in the Rockies 2nd annual gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin' in the Rockies 2nd annual gathering

In case people are starting to make travel plans I wanted to get the date up for this event.

We will be at the cattle ranch on the Divide Road between Whitewater and Gateway Colorado.

August 12th through the 14th 2011. We can accomodate early arrivals and later departers.

We have camping hook ups for electric, hot showers are available in the shower house.

We have room in some bunk houses and a cabin for lady' traveling alone.

I am charging a fee this year. It will cost $20.00 to attend. Money is going to the Marine Corps Scholarship Fund.

The website for the event is Smokin in the Rockies It is just a place holder now, but will go live as soon as the ticket sales office links are in place.
    Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Man that would be a blast to go to.. I would have hell getting away form work during our busy season... Maybe.. Just maybe I can break free.. What is if from Dallas... 900+ miles..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

You would pick the only weekend in August that I cant go LOL BBQ at the Summit is that weekend
      BBQ catering
      Competition BBQ team
      "Practical BBQ" Author

Comment

my wife and I are kickin it around,is there any hotels close? It kind of sounds like it is out in the country
        sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
        members mark upright propane smoker
        kingsford bbq
        23"weber kettle

Comment

What are the roads like leading to the ranch ? I ask because me and a couple of buddies do a 10 day motorcycle ride at that same time every year. We've covered all the western states a few times and looking for something different this year, Colorado could be the place but the roads would have to be decent as we all ride big touring bikes.....
          Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
          Weber 22.5" WSM
          Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
          Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
          Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
          Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
          Weber Smokey Joe
          GMG Daniel Boone
          Pit Barrel Cooker
          Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
          6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
          Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
          The Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by bbally View Post
            I am charging a fee this year. It will cost $20.00 to attend. Money is going to the Marine Corps Scholarship Fund.
            Hey Bob,

I know that i am not going to make it, but do have an address so that i may participate in supporting your fund raiser?

Good luck
            Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S. View Post
              What are the roads like leading to the ranch ? I ask because me and a couple of buddies do a 10 day motorcycle ride at that same time every year. We've covered all the western states a few times and looking for something different this year, Colorado could be the place but the roads would have to be decent as we all ride big touring bikes.....
              It is a graded county road. It has an all weather gravel surface. But if it rains you would want to wait about two hours before getting on it. The adobe can get like snot when first wet. Once it soaks it is ok again. But that first hour or so it a sombitch.

Love to have you all.
              Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Originally posted by Jimh View Post
                my wife and I are kickin it around,is there any hotels close? It kind of sounds like it is out in the country
                I can set up the hotel Bbally for you. (Tent trailer Jayco) I stay in the cabin so I could drag that up. You want to be onsite, believe me.
                Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

I can set up the hotel Bbally for you. (Tent trailer Jayco) I stay in the cabin so I could drag that up. You want to be onsite, believe me.
                  Bob,
                  my wife has to check on the dates for some vacation time,once she gets that figured out I will let you know for sure.We really want to do this,it sounds like a reall blast..
                  sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                  members mark upright propane smoker
                  kingsford bbq
                  23"weber kettle

Comment

I stay in the cabin so I could drag that up. You want to be onsite, believe me.
                    onsite... sounds like you got it figgeered out bud, think the cabin with all the women traveling alone' be the place to be...
                    Charbroil SFB
                    GOSM
                    MES
                    Dutch Ovens and other CI
                    Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                    Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                      onsite... sounds like you got it figgeered out bud, think the cabin with all the women traveling alone' be the place to be...
                      That is another cabin on the property...... I reserve it for women traveling alone that want to participate.

Besides that many smokin' hot women would killya! Nice way to die, but dead just the same

I also have some hired hand campers available. They aint nothin pretty, but you can sleep in the buzzed pretty well.
                      Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Just a few updates that need to be out there.......

Pastor Terry (old country preacher) will be attending again (mostly to give instant forgiveness to you sinners!) to perform the Sunday Morning services. He will also be doing the Dutch Oven cooking again. Pastor will also run the gun range again for the children and adults.

Saturday there will be a public tasting to help raise more money for the scholarship program. Anyone wanting to participate will receive meat to cook and pass out to attendees.

Band is lined up for Saturday night.

Stll could use three teachers..... so if any of you have something to teach you can contact me and I will put in the picnic table circle to show what you know. If you are thinking about it, but have trouble thinking you can teach it, let me know I can help you get used to speak with people.

I know two of you are flying in so far.... GJT is the airport code for anyone else thinking of it. I can have one of the ranch hunting busses pick you up if required.

Some of you wanted to come in early, that is fine, if you need a listing of things to do let me know there is a lot of stuff to see.
                        Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                          think the cabin with all the women traveling alone' be the place to be...
                          LOL I like the way you think Erain
                          sigpic

Comment

Going to have to cancel the event this year. Found out Friday the owners decided to shut down the company I work for and retire for good.

I will be out looking for more work. I have the catering I do, but that is not enough to keep me going so I am going to have to cancel the event and concentrate on finding another engineering job.
                            Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Well that blows duck... Wish you luck on finding more work.. I know you will, hard to keep a hard working man down..
                              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                              X