X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first bread ever!

My inspiration;
    1st, all of you folks.
    2nd some recent posts by Gunny, Alex(told ya I was gonna do it), Meat Hunter.
    and 3rd the book Bread Bakers Aprentice.
    This is straight outta the book with Alex's hydrolized(or whatever he said) flour, that the book also said.
    I freaked out about halfway through this recipe when I was mixing the butter in by hand and it just didn't "feel" right, but it came together finally. I'm doin it all by hand so I'll learn that feel.
    According to the author, it's basically a french bread recipe with Soppresatta(he called out for Salami but said I could use any cured meat) and provalone.
    I was pretty much obsessive compulsive during the process so I didn't break out the camera till the end but here it is;
    JT

Very nice Fish, very nice indeed Bread with sausage in it, how cool is that. I skimmed by that recipe in the book a few times, never knowing it contained sausage in it. Too cool.

Well if this is your first bread ever, then I think you deserve some
    Keep at it. That bread gig is as addicting as smoking meat.
    Last edited by Meat Hunter; 01-17-2011, 09:37 PM. Reason: Cuz I'm liquored up on Jim Bean and can't spell.
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

That looks absolutely awesome. Great job!! And from me.

Tom

Comment

I'm lookin at the photo and it looks doughy in the middle. (it wasn't, very small holes and it was 10 degrees past the top range) It was much more dense than I wanted. Lost patience on the final proofing. Lesson learned. Second loaf, which was the first I formed, had huge holes/pockets. Holy crap, , , patience. My weak point.
        Thanks guys!
        JT

Comment

Nice, very nice LOOKIN bread. Be better if I had slice or three...right here with some honey, but. Nice work, very worthy!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Derek
            Keep practicing you will get better Whisky fish.

Also a question to you man? Did you oven the oven any time during the cooking proccess?

And did you add too much water during the mixing stage of the dough?

Some times people add too much water to the dough and it will make it doughy in the middle.
            Didn't oven the oven, oven once. but I did open it in the middle of the bake to spin it 180 as the recipe called for, I don't think I added too much water but I remember resisting the temptation of adding any water to the recipe. and it wasn't doughy, just a little denser than I wanted.
            JT

Comment

You guy's ae effin killing me I dont need another bad habit
              2-22.5'' weber
              1-18'' weber
              1 smokey joe
              22.5'' wsm
              24'' smoke vault
              1-outhouse
              Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
              Smoked meathead #135

Comment

i love bread with stuff in it............thumbs up!
                sigpic
                it's all good my friend..........

Comment

I have never done any bread JT,But that looks good for first or last time
                  sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Wow!! John!! awesome job on that bread.. first time really? DAMN!!! you got skills my brother!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Hey Whisky Fish,
                      That is some damn fine looking bread and very worthy of for your first go round.

I'm going to have to try adding some meat into my next batch.. hell maybe even a few eggs and all I gotta do is toast my breakfast!

Good job.

Comment

Way to go, John! Another addiction. The more you bake, the more you'll enjoy it.
                        sigpic
                        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I'd hit that!! Great job, and I too like stuff in bread!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks like a home run there bud !!!!
                            Jerod
                            GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice job! Fisrt loaf huh? Wow!
                              for jumping in head first!
                              "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Working...
                              X