Dang your hide Meat Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang your hide Meat Hunter

This is your fault. I'm new here and after a week, I'm not getting much sleep, due to reading as many of the posts as I can on SM.C. I look up, and its 2 or 3am. All about smoke, and meat. Then you have to go and post something, and supply a link.

I just thought it was bad enough until you put in a link about Breadtopia.

Thanks a lot.

No seriously. Thank you.
    Louisiana by birth, stayed for the FOOD

Know what you mean, SOB has kept me awake a night or two, as well.
    Boy has got some knowledge.
    JT

Comment

See how he is....
      Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
      Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
      SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
      Yoder Wichita
      Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
      Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
      Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the madness, so much to learn and so little time to smoke.

There is a weekend coming up. What are you planning on smoking? Fatty, yard bird, some chops?

I was, or am the same way, always have to be reading this forum.

Your hooked.

Comment

Yep hes got me wanting to start another bad habit lol mmmm bread

Comment

The nerve of him
            Jerod
            GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
            sigpic

Comment

Hey, don't blame me. It's all Bassmans fault. He's the one that sent me my first starter. I can't help it that his starter was so good it allowed me to turn out my very first loaf of edible bread But I know what you mean about staying up late. When I first started making it, I too found myself glued to the monitor checking out all the different sites, and I'm not talking about just the XXX sites either, I mean the bread sites.

There are a few members on here who kept me up late late at night, digging more into what they made and how they did it. DangerDan for one, along with ALX, SOB, Fire It Up (miss ya buddy) and many many more.

Like I tell the wife, there are worse hobbies I could be into, but at least these don't cost a bunch and you can eat the results. LOL.
              https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

I thought my post might have been misconstrued, but it sounds like it just gets passed around. Thats a good thing. I'll always trade a nights sleep for a recipe or technique, that is worth passing down.

I'm from a long line of great bread makers. Problem is, I did not pay attention. I'm the oldest in the family now, and have inherited the recipes. What I regret was not studying their techniques.

Thanks again Meat Hunter. Now I can see the techniques and adapt methods, allowing me to attempt.

I'm glad it kept me up. Guess I was to brain dead to think about looking online for how to bake bread. I can tell from only a week here, its going to be one hell of a fun ride. Thanks again.
                Louisiana by birth, stayed for the FOOD

Comment

Originally posted by homesmoke View Post
                  I thought my post might have been misconstrued, but it sounds like it just gets passed around. Thats a good thing. I'll always trade a nights sleep for a recipe or technique, that is worth passing down.

I'm from a long line of great bread makers. Problem is, I did not pay attention. I'm the oldest in the family now, and have inherited the recipes. What I regret was not studying their techniques.

Thanks again Meat Hunter. Now I can see the techniques and adapt methods, allowing me to attempt.

I'm glad it kept me up. Guess I was to brain dead to think about looking online for how to bake bread. I can tell from only a week here, its going to be one hell of a fun ride. Thanks again.
                  yup, just another minnesoda boy who got is chit straight and that dang sourdough is addicting... sorry Keith, i aint done a post on it giving you the deserved thanks for the starter. .. but love the bread, seems that it just keeps getting better every time, is it just i getting better at it or the starter just keeps improving... i think the latter, i still got my starter going from my first startup from the Bman... and love them pancakes!!!

Meathunter, keep it coming neighbor!!! someday we WILL get together!!!
                  Charbroil SFB
                  GOSM
                  MES
                  Dutch Ovens and other CI
                  Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                  Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X