burgers in sauce for party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burgers in sauce for party

I have a few people(20 or so) coming over for a suprise birthday party on Saturday ,I am was wanting just to do burgers but would like to do them early then put them in a sauce and just keep them warm in slowcooker . Any ideas or recipes for a sauce you could share ? I would like something like this as there is no set time to eat and its if your hungry you eat when you want.
    Bill
    There's room for all of Gods creatures.....Right next to my mashed Potatoes

Hmmm...nuthin' but flattened meatballs eh! How about a nice mushroom brown sauce? Or any other type meatball sauce that you like?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Hmmm...nuthin' but flattened meatballs eh! How about a nice mushroom brown sauce? Or any other type meatball sauce that you like?
      Not tryin to change your plan, but Rich is on ta somethin there with the meatballs, then you could go BBQ sauce, Stroganoff, or like he said a brown mushroom gravy. Just thinking a suaced patty on a bun is gonna be kinda messy. But any of those flavors would work.
      JT

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
        Not tryin to change your plan, but Rich is on ta somethin there with the meatballs, then you could go BBQ sauce, Stroganoff, or like he said a brown mushroom gravy. Just thinking a suaced patty on a bun is gonna be kinda messy. But any of those flavors would work.
        Heh... guess I din't think on the "drip" factor... Eh- supply bibs ;{) But meatball sub sammies are good too...and a little less "drippy" due to the bun style.
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Actually, I would go for meatballs instead. They lend themselves to that scenario a bit better, IMO.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

You can always undercook them and put them in a hotel pan in the oven with a small amount of liquid and foil the top. They will finish cooking in the oven. Just dont do it too far ahead of time. You still have the 4 hour rule to deal with.
            Scarbelly

Comment

Okay I'm going to suggest something pretty radical here (lol)

Why not smoke the burgers up so that they're cooked 90%

Then just microwave them to reheat as and when people want a burger.
              30 - 60 seconds should do the job nicely. and people get freshly heated smoked burgers on tap.

Hell I tend to cook up onions in the microwave as well.
              chop them up add a good splodge of butter nuke for a few minutes and they brown up in the frying pan in a few minutes, and you can have as many as you want pre-cooked waitinng for the final blast - would work in apan in the oven as well.

Just a thought
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
                You can always undercook them and put them in a hotel pan in the oven with a small amount of liquid and foil the top. They will finish cooking in the oven. Just dont do it too far ahead of time. You still have the 4 hour rule to deal with.
                Haven't tried that with burgers, but I have done it with grilled chicken and sausages with beer for the liquid, works really well.
                JT

Comment

If it was me, I would probably go with Au Jus to keep them moist in the crock pot and add some flavor.
                  sigpic

Comment

Burgers

Just put them in a pan w/ some low sodium beef broth and keep it warm.
                    Bob
                    South Louisiana
                    Old New Braunfuls offset
                    Charcol ECB
                    09 MES 40

Comment

I did some meat balls and use enchilada sauce (brown type) and they was outta of this world. A good brown gravy wood work well also. I did some salisbury steak this week and the gravy made it. McCormicks Brown gravy packet and I put it over noodles.
                      If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
                      Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions sauce, hold the lettuce

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          If it was me, I would probably go with Au Jus to keep them moist in the crock pot and add some flavor.
                          That's my favorite for burger patties. Even French onion soup would be good.

Tom

Comment

Thanks, Au Jus it is I like the french onion soup mix hope it warms up -36C here this morning
                            Bill
                            There's room for all of Gods creatures.....Right next to my mashed Potatoes

Comment

Originally posted by Kamhillbilly View Post
                              Thanks, Au Jus it is I like the french onion soup mix hope it warms up -36C here this morning
                              Yeah, dammit...keep yer freakin' cold-asssed Canuckian air UP THERE! It's blowing down here! Dayumm it's cold!

Comment

Working...
                              X