Kitchenaid stand mixer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchenaid stand mixer questions

It seems there are two different machines they make? Artisan and regular? Anyway you guys making all this bread are killing me and have me wanting to get a damn mixer now

Just looking for info on which one to get and whats a good price for one? Do they ever go on sale? Damn I want a pretzel mmm pizza
    heres a link to some, prices any good? will the 199$ one be good enough?
    http://www.brandsmartusa.com/SearchP...BbGwoRmFsc2Up0
    Last edited by Pandemonium; 01-20-2011, 06:59 AM.

I just bought a the Pro series I think it is. I found a Kitchen store at a outlet mall. they have all the gadgets you would want. They have refurbish ones we got like for half price. Only thing was the warranty was half of what the regular ones was. Some of them had a defect from production and are fixed and then sold as refurbish.
    If You Can Not Stand Behind Our Troops,
    Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them

Comment

i just have the regular one. I still just use it to knead about half the time and finish by hand. It seems after a point the dough balls up around the hook and just spins especially mixing only 3-4 cups of flour.

Comment

I don't own one (yet), but it's my understanding that the Pro model (6 qt bowl) is more durable than the others. If I get one, I think it will be the pro. It should be the last mixer you ever have to buy.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Regular, and Artisan have hard plastic gears in the transmission.

Pro has steel gears in transmission.

If you are going to use it heavily go with the pro model. If you figure after the initial bread thing you will get down to making it once or twice a month buy the artisan. If you are going to make bread or other dough once per month, just buy the regular unit.
          Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Well upon further review and that damn mirror I just looked in
            I dont need another food making machine around here jezzus man

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
              Well upon further review and that damn mirror I just looked in
              I dont need another food making machine around here jezzus man
              If you change your mind, I have the pro 600 and do most all my bread making with it. I also use it to mix small (8 lbs or less) batches of sausage. We've had it for 3 years and I wouldn't trade it for a new smoker.

Tom

Comment

they actually make a cmmercial model as well but it is $$......but it has served me well for many years. ya know pandi, you can always do it by hand. if you learn to work dough by hand, you will know exactly how it should feel and the subtle differences in moisture and flour will never throw you off................
                sigpic
                it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                  If you change your mind, I have the pro 600 and do most all my bread making with it. I also use it to mix small (8 lbs or less) batches of sausage. We've had it for 3 years and I wouldn't trade it for a new smoker.
                  Ill keep that in mind for sure.

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                  they actually make a cmmercial model as well but it is $$......but it has served me well for many years. ya know pandi, you can always do it by hand. if you learn to work dough by hand, you will know exactly how it should feel and the subtle differences in moisture and flour will never throw you off................
                  i hear you, i need to try some dough by hand and see how that goes, for as little as i will probably make thats probably my best bet. im a gadget nut so thats part of the problem lol

Comment

Just checked...Mine is 29 years old... Keep your ears peeled for moving sales too etc...Seems a lot of folk they just seem to be ornaments on counter...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                      Just checked...Mine is 29 years old... Keep your ears peeled for moving sales too etc...Seems a lot of folk they just seem to be ornaments on counter...
                      Like a lot of things your was made when they did things right from what ive read these new ones leak oil and are junk, but the majority of the reviews are good.

Comment

I do like mine...works great for me & Louie! Go ahead you know ya want one!
                        Sunset Eagle Aviation
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

We have the pro and have had it now for 10 plus years. In fact the hubby talked me into getting one and then bought the grinder attachment and that is when we got into making sausage. We use to grind 4 or more deer a yr with that thing not to mention - cookies, cakes, sauces, ect. that we use it for.

I also use it during canning season for making applesauce and tomato juice there is a vegetable strainer attachment. I wouldn't trade it - if I only had it for the tomato juice it would be worth it to me!!

And most recently we bought the ice cream bowl attachment. It is amazing how good fresh ice cream is!!
                          Where to Shop -
                          www.OwensBBQ.com

Follow Tatonka Dust on Facebook -
                          https://www.facebook.com/TatonkaDust

Comment

Originally posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
                            We have the pro and have had it now for 10 plus years. In fact the hubby talked me into getting one and then bought the grinder attachment and that is when we got into making sausage. We use to grind 4 or more deer a yr with that thing not to mention - cookies, cakes, sauces, ect. that we use it for.

I also use it during canning season for making applesauce and tomato juice there is a vegetable strainer attachment. I wouldn't trade it - if I only had it for the tomato juice it would be worth it to me!!

And most recently we bought the ice cream bowl attachment. It is amazing how good fresh ice cream is!!

I agree...Mine has been used bout 3 times month on average...I ground all my sausage and chuck for at least 15 years with it...

Like Pandy said..I prolly got the real deal in 1980...Thinkin the pro series will be next when she gives up....Just worth it to me to pay more and not worry etc...

Comment

You want to stay away from the ones where the head tilts (Artisan and Regular) rather you want the one where the bowl lifts up (Pro). Also the Artisan only has a 325 watt motor, the Pro has 575. This is a HUGE difference especially if you use the machine for grinding/stuffing small batches of sausage or anything that is going to "tax" the motor.
                              Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                              GOSM x 2
                              Vermont Casting Grill
                              Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

Working...
                              X