Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because I see mistakes in food handling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because I see mistakes in food handling...

I do not claim to know it all and I have forgotten much but I constantly see mistaken advice given in food handling. Not so much here, then in other places but I figured I would put up a book or 2 on food safety.

I will say that most of the errors I have seen are good in the way that they err on the side of caution. I tried educating on a different site but was ignored.

For your safety and the safety of people you cook for I would recommend taking such a course to give you a deeper understanding on the subject of food safety, the diseases associated with improperly handled food, proper time and temperature management and storage.

For those who look at catering this is very important. I do not know the laws in all states but I believe both Florida and Virginia require a certified food safety person present at all times a food operation is open.

The Ritz Carlton has even stricter standards then most states including Florida. I was always proud to work there and hear visiting chefs comment at how amazingly clean our kitchen was. Makes ya proud.

I believe this is the book I used when I became certified in food safety.
    http://www.amazon.com/HACCP-Food-Saf...rdr_bb_product

Here is a second book that might be better for home use as it is a reference rather then training manual.
    http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Referenc...ref=pd_sim_b_4
    "I'm the 82nd Airborne, and this is as far as the bastards are going."
    PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment, Battle of the Buldge

Thanks Vlap. Although I have never taken the course, I am a stickler for correct food handling. Cleanliness and correct temperatures are at the top of my list. I also see and read some things that just make me cringe. Folks, you cannot be too careful.
    www.darylecoates.com
    Blessed is the person who has a chuck wagon cook for a friend for he shall enjoy food fit for kings.

Comment

Working...
    X