Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuffed Up Smoker

Hey Y'all,

Been a short while since I posted... maybe longer than that... But I do sneak a peek in here from time to time while Im at work. Seems there just aint enough hours in the day to do the things that I want versus what I have to do anymore.

I did get a chance to drag the smoker out this weekend and load her down with a bunch of butts, chucks, and chix.

Here we go with the butts being on for about a half hour, the chucks fresh on

Next is the chix on. Brined only with a salt/sugar mix for 4 hours with a generous dusting of S&P, garlic and onion powder, on the grate about 5 hours after the butts got on...

Now y'all might have noticed the size of the butts and the chucks. For a while now, I've been cutting my butts in half for a couple of reasons. Seems to me that the smaller the chunk, the faster it gets to temp. That, and if you have two 5 pound chunks versus one 10 pound chunks, you get a little more surface area to apply rub to, giving you a little more area for the bark, giving a bit more flavor.

I came across that idea one time I was doing chucks. Had about a dozen, and one big clod that I cut out of the pack came clean apart in two almost equal pieces. I was thinking "damn, those will cook a lot faster than the big ones." So I cut all of them in half to equal the size. Been doing that ever since...

Moving on, here we have the butts at 160, ready to foil. Long ago I had a pain in the butt about foiling individual butts, ribs, chucks - whatever. Now I just load up a big foil pan and cover it with foil after a splash of whatever liqud I have on hand.

And the chucks...

All that stuff is mostly for what I sell or cater. Next up is some ABTs that I haven't done for myself in a while.

Here's the jalaps -

With the filling: cream cheese, yellow and white cheddar, minced garlic, and andoule sausage.

And wrapped in procuitto (first try with that)

These buggers were absolutely fabulous! Good enough to make me actually say "fabulous"!!!

not sure how many pics I can post at once so I'll continue...
    Last edited by Seboke; 01-24-2011, 12:22 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
    Lang 84 Deluxe (sold it, broke my heart)
    Weber Performer
    Weber 22.5" OTG
    Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
    Bunch of Sausage Makin' Kit
    Big Azz BBQ Concession Trailer
    BBQ Food Truck

I dunno..I DISTINCTLY seen about 5" of gap on the rack there... ;{)

Hmm Good thing I'm working on getting procuitto down... I can't afford it otherwise LOL! GREAT idea there.... Hmm I DO have some pancetta...
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Very nice. I agree on the butts. I always separate the flat from the point on my briskets before applying the rub and always half my butts.
      Nice to see ya bud.

Tom

Comment

Ya still got it Ken and diggin that lang. NICE.

Comment

for the finals...

the chix being pulled -

the chucks being pulled -

and the pulled pork -

Thanks for checking out my smoke! I hope to be around at least a bit more!

Ken
          Weber Performer
          Weber 22.5" OTG
          Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
          BBQ Food Truck

Comment

Everything looks awesome man nice smoke

Comment

Wow. I wish I could take pix like that. But the Feds took my good camera LOL!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

A full smoker and everything looks awesome
                sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  Wow. I wish I could take pix like that. But the Feds took my good camera LOL!
                  LOL!! Just showing off with the wife's new camera... I'm only as good a photographer as whatever setting happens to be on the camera, but that thing can pull off some fancy pics!
                  Weber Performer
                  Weber 22.5" OTG
                  Weber Q Tabletop Gasser
                  BBQ Food Truck

Comment

Out of this world!! Knocked that one out of the park!
                    Keith

Comment

Wow! Gotta dish out some points for those ABT's those things look amazing!
                      sigpicTrying to fit.....in the misfits....

Comment

And I'll ditto the fabulous!!! Great smoke, great pix, and BEAUTIOUS ABTs!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Great pics, great lookin' food, great post. Thanks for sharing.
                          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                          My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

this making me way to hungry..I know better than log on before dinner
                            sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                            members mark upright propane smoker
                            kingsford bbq
                            23"weber kettle

Comment

Man...That dern sure is some fine eatin there!
                              Sunset Eagle Aviation
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                              X