Cheese Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese Bread

This is a basic sourdough recipe with the addition of parmesan cheese and a bit of olive oil. One of the best smelling breads I've made.

There is about 6 1/2oz of parmesan cheese(half grated half chunked) in about 3 1/2lbs of dough. Divided into 2 large loafs.

Dough ready to shape

Shaped risen and ready for the oven. Notice the chunks of cheese sticking out.

Right out of the oven. They got quite a bit bigger.

The cheese just seemed to have been absorbed by the dough. Unbelievably good!

Keith

Looks good Kieth.Love sourdough,And then with cheese
    sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Looks good. What do you normally set your oven temps at? Normal, or convection oven?
      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

That sure does sound good, Keith. I'll have to try that on my next batch.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
          Looks good. What do you normally set your oven temps at? Normal, or convection oven?

Thank you! I preheat my normal oven at 500 with a baking stone on the middle rack. I bake with steam for the first ten minutes then lower the oven to 460 for the rest of the bake.

If you do this cheese recipe, lower the temp to about 420. The crust darkens faster because of the cheese.
          Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
            ........One of the best smelling breads I've made.
            i bet!
            sigpic
            it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Nice looking bread...I could go for some slices of that...
              Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Tom

Comment

Looks awesome, have you thought of taking it a step father for some burnt cheese with that quality bread?

That would be out of this world, for me and the kids anyway
                  Pete
                  Large BGE
                  Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Thats it!!! Im want this section deleted, damn you guys and your killer looking breads, I dont need a mixer I dont need a mixer, I need a mixer I need a mixer

Comment

Very Nice Indeed Keith
                      sigpic

Comment

You can see in the last pic, where the cheese has coated the walls of the air pockets and makes em shinny. mmmm. Aint Kingudaroad anymore, Kingudabread! (well one of the kings at least)
                        JT

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                          Thats it!!! Im want this section deleted, damn you guys and your killer looking breads, I dont need a mixer I dont need a mixer, I need a mixer I need a mixer
                          You don't knead a mixer Pandemonium. Just a big bowl, a $3 plastic bowl scraper, and a little elbow grease.

Thanks for all the comments.

On edit- The things I would spend a little money on is a decent baking stone(mine was $40), and a good book( maybe "Bread Bakers Apprentice" $25).
                          Keith

Comment

Get On it Big King Daddy!... Loaf of that with some of that Olive Oyl & spice mix in the CI...tear & sop....Hot Damn!
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Looks killer for sure! I can just about smell it from here.
                              sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                              X