Braccoile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braccoile

I was looking through some stuff I did within the last 6 months or so and figured I'd post it since it's somewhat unique and very good. Since other palces can't seem to save data for others to enjoy, I figured I'd put it somewhere where others can use it and improve on it.

Did two things on the BGE then. First one is a Bracciole which I have never had before. Basically, it's a Flank steak beaten down and tenderized. Then, you put a layer of meatball meat in, followed by 3 hard boiled eggs. Roll it up and get to smokin.

I think it's traditionally done in an oven. I changed this up a bit as well. I marinaded the flank in a Jerk sauce for about 6 hours. I also used the same meat (lamb, pork and beef) recipe for the meatballs. I threw some rub in between the flank and meatballs as well.

Rolled and tied it up:

I used apple wood and mopped with apple juice each hour. Pulled the braccoile off when it hit 160 internal:

I sliced it andit was ready to go and very good:

BTW: here's the chuck that was next to it as an FYI:

Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Man I loved that thread when ya first did it, and I am glad you decided to share with us here too!

Good man!
    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

That is one fine lookin roll of meat. And that chuck looks terrific as well. Great Job.

Comment

Just really nice!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks,

Well, I learned it from a post somewhere so I wanted to share it as well so that others can play around with it.
          Pete
          Large BGE

Comment

That looks good. I think I might marinate the flank steak next time I make one too. Good idea.
            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Braccoile... knew how to say it not even close on how to spell it!!
              LOL!
              I was trying to find that post a while back and could not locate it you know where... Now flanks are so damn $$ I have to wait to get one on sale to make this! Thanks for posting it here, I know where I can find it!
              YUMMY stuff!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                Braccoile... knew how to say it not even close on how to spell it!!
                LOL!
                I was trying to find that post a while back and could not locate it you know where... Now flanks are so damn $$ I have to wait to get one on sale to make this! Thanks for posting it here, I know where I can find it!
                YUMMY stuff!

You're welcome, I know what you mean so I wnated to post it so others could use it and I could remember it at well, LOL.

As for flanks, I understand that as well. I went to the store yesterday to get some flat iron steaks and they were another $1 a lb (+17%) and not much to choose from. Ending up walking out with only a bag of bones for the dogs .
                Pete
                Large BGE

Comment

Very unique. Thanks for sharing.
                  Keith

Comment

Working...
                  X