Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a lequip-fiterpro-dehydrator ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a lequip-fiterpro-dehydrator ?

I cook most of my jerky and a bunch of snacksausage in my excalibur dehydrator. It's why I smoke a lot of my spices - natural smoke flavour and the ease of dehydrator cooking.

Currently looking around for dehydrators for the unit.
    these little suckers caught my eye

manufacturers claim 12 tray stack without having to rotate the trays, that's a lot of product in one go !

Given that they are also £50 a unit cheaper than a standard 5 tray excalibur.
    Plus smaller footprint and with the digital temp and timer control.
    I'm seriously considering a couple of these with 12 trays a-piece rather than going with the excaliburs.
    Reviews on amazon do seem mixed. I guess more electronics is more electronics to go wrong.
    Plus I can get the nine tray excalibur for £30 more than the five tray. Which makes it very affordable. Add a cheap mains timer socket and I have my timer controlled unit.
    Have to admit I like the gadget factor of the l'equip.
    But then you've got the reliability, larger tray size, no pipe in the middle of the tray and the definitely no need to rotate any trays.

Thoughts from the dehydrator gang please :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-27-2011, 06:21 AM.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

I haven't seen that one. I use the Nesco Gardenmaster which is expandable to 30 trays (no rotation needed). I think I have 12 or 14 trays so far with mine which is plenty for us. I've had this one for over ten years and never had a problem. http://www.nesco.com/category_449f7f..._1027eefb7fdf/
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Thing I noticed the 12 trays dont look very big. I guess you'd' have to figure cubic inches of both models

Comment

I have 2 9 tray excalibers and they come with 26 hour timer and temp setting guage...Checking temp with my digital it does cycle up and down 10 degree or so with convection fan.....At least 8 years old and mucho use...No problems and work fine for my needs....

Dont know anyone with brand yoou mentioned.

Comment

yeah, think i'll stick with the excaliburs. the 9 tray ones work out cheaper for surface area anyway.
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
          X