CB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB

Thanks to all here for all the knowledge and info you all share. Because of your generousity I was able to do this.

This is my 2nd CB but I felt totally confident this time. The first time I asked a million question and thought I was going to kill someone with my end result.

I don't know why I rolled the one in cornmeal and smoked it. I guess I just wanted to see what happened. Now I know.
    I tasted the one not rolled in CM and it is really buttery and supple. I should have taken the picture before I tasted it..oops.
    I am really happy.. I can't wait to make a pizza, and some eggs and sourdough toast, and.....

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
    "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Hehehe...nice Mo! And you roll in corn meal AFTER... ;{)

I guess really it's not smoked at all.... but...

Eggs Benedict! Woo Hoo!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Pretty, Very pretty CB! And deserving. Very well done!
      Now what was the difference ie; what did the CM coated one taste like???
      Last edited by Mark R; 01-27-2011, 06:42 PM. Reason: dunmmy
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Wow looks very yummmy Job well done

What did you use for seasoning?

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
          Hehehe...nice Mo! And you roll in corn meal AFTER... ;{)

I guess really it's not smoked at all.... but...

Eggs Benedict! Woo Hoo!
          Huh?
          I smoked it with the cornmeal. I wasn't suppose to? I guess I should have asked a question.
          Any doubt how blond I am Rich?

Thanks for the point! It sounds like I messed up..you want your point back:)

Comment

Originally posted by moselle View Post
            Huh?
            I smoked it with the cornmeal. I wasn't suppose to? I guess I should have asked a question.
            Historically, it was rolled in ground dried peas. That changed to cornmeal. And it was not smoked. It's become somewhat accepted to smoke CB, but you may be called to the blonde carpet over that by a purist.
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

That looks perfect!!
              Keith

Comment

Huh?
                Any doubt how blond I am Rich?

Thanks for the point! It sounds like I messed up..you want your point back:)
                Hey you may be the innovator here.........Ahmmm, How was it?
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Good looking bacon, MO.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                    Hey you may be the innovator here.........Ahmmm, How was it?
                    It is so, so yummy.
                    I am just chuffed to bits, even if I messed up the cornmeal thing.

I did a 'dry' cure with just a little honey from our farm. Our honey this year wasn't very sweet, it was really earthy and minerally, if that makes sense oh it was really dark too.
                    But it is really a great flavor in the bacon. And it is 'in' the bacon.
                    I am so pleased with the texture too.
                    Thank you thenk you thank you All!

Thanks too for the points! Wowzers!

Comment

What was the difference between the cornmeal CB and the non-cornmeal CB?
                      Mark
                      sigpic

Comment

It is so, so yummy.
                        I am just chuffed to bits, even if I messed up the cornmeal thing.
                        You been hanging out with the strange anteater too much

Sweet! Man - to have one's own honey. How cool!

Bravo Mo!

Comment

It is so, so yummy.
                          I am just cuffed to bits, even if I messed up the cornmeal thing.

Wowzers!
                          Mark
                          sigpic

Comment

Man...Miss Mo! That sure is Rockin Right! Bout 4 over ez...slice of that! And I knowed ya get on that Sourdough bread... Toast & butter...
                            Sunset Eagle Aviation
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Very nice....Dang...it's been a few years for me on the loin CB....time for more....

Comment

Working...
                              X