Jerky Cure ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerky Cure ?

well i have about 2lbs of jerky meat and i am going to cure with 2 tbls of TQ , 2tbls sugar , 1 tbls grnd red pepper...
    ? is will 10-12hrs be okay to cure the jerky or will i need to do longer..i am going out of town on saturday and won;t be back until early sunday morn....
    any help would be apperciated.....thanks

Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

From the looks of it, it's already a done deal. I know nothing of TQ other than it's too salty. The sugar should help though. I use pink cure and always go 24 hrs as recommended.
    Richtee is the TQ pro here. If you want to know about the pink stuff, I could help.

Tom

Comment

Let it cure till yer back. You got the right amount...can't overdo it..only under. Sounds like a good mix too...when using TQ, never add salt.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I use the same ratio of TQ and Sugar and find the saltyness is just about right, The last batch I did I let it go 2 days because I was busy. I always mix /sprinkle mine on a sheet pan and toss around a bit before putting in to a bag.

Here is a batch I did 2 weeks ago. A couple 2 pound deer logs with extra fennel and anise seed. The meat on upper middle is venison cubed steak, I used the same mix for that but wish I would of made a more pastrami flavored Jerky with that. My daughters dog loves it.

This was all of 13 pounds wet.

Last edited by SmokinLee; 03-21-2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I forgot to add, after the jerky matures in a ziplock 'not sealed' all the way and with a paper towel in side the bag for a couple weeks in the fridge, it really improves both taste and texture. But I doubt you will have any left by the end of the day with just the 1 pound finished.

Comment

Working...
          X