Quarry Stone or clay or synthetic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarry Stone or clay or synthetic?

Turns out I've got a crappy oven for baking, it's a propane and the heat is very uneven. So, , ,I'm using a pizza stone for now but want to upgrade to something larger. Of the three, Quarry Stone or clay or synthetic, anyone have experience with this?
    JT

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
    Turns out I've got a crappy oven for baking, it's a propane and the heat is very uneven. So, , ,I'm using a pizza stone for now but want to upgrade to something larger. Of the three, Quarry Stone or clay or synthetic, anyone have experience with this?
    I use quarry tiles. They work great and are cheap. I have a pic somewhere.

Tom

Comment

Hit up a place that does granite/marble counter tops, and get a slab they cut out for a sink. Its about the right size and thickness, and might be free.
      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Here ya go WF. I use 6-6 X 6 inch tiles in mine. You have to have open space around the outside of the rack, and these tiles fit my little oven perfectly. The grooves on the bottom that hold the grout, keeps them from sliding around on the oven rack too.

Tom

Comment

I use the same ones Tom...Also the bigger one. Cheap & effective. Uhhh..got a piece of marble...It cracked.
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
            Hit up a place that does granite/marble counter tops, and get a slab they cut out for a sink. Its about the right size and thickness, and might be free.
            Got a place on my way home I'll check with em.

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
            Here ya go WF. I use 6-6 X 6 inch tiles in mine. You have to have open space around the outside of the rack, and these tiles fit my little oven perfectly. The grooves on the bottom that hold the grout, keeps them from sliding around on the oven rack too.
            This would be a great way to go too. It would be easier to store.
            I'll check with Lowes.

Thanks guys
            JT

Comment

I have a Pampered Chef, that I think is Clay?... But not sure. Its about 15 years old.. Alx recently busted one of some king, but he's hard on shit!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                I have a Pampered Chef, that I think is Clay?... But not sure. Its about 15 years old.. Alx recently busted one of some king, but he's hard on shit!

I think you and Hawg should go on tour Scott, you two have caused me to blow so much stuff through my nose in the past couple a weeks. And friggin 88 with his signiture pic daisy cutter bombs, has been on a roll too. He did one the other day and I think I still gotta hunk of biscotti lodged in my brain He could be the warm up act. Nice work Mike
                JT

Comment

Working...
                X