Slicer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slicer Question

I've had my Waring Pro FS800 for about a year now. It's a pretty good home slicer for the money. One problem I've had with it though, is that it tends to slide forward and to the left when in operation, especially for a longer session. I noticed this when slicing up my bacons. Course it won't just slide back to the spot I started in, gotta pop the suction cups loose, then set it back down. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem with a slicer with suction cup feet, and if they have a solution? I'm thinking of replacing the suction cups with some sort of fairly flexible, kinda hollow rubber pads. Those kinda feet generally grab pretty well.
    sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Mount it to a plastic cutting board, and clamp the board to your work surface.
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
      Mount it to a plastic cutting board, and clamp the board to your work surface.
      Sounds like a nightmare to clean that way

Comment

Hmmm- can you clamp a piece of wood down as a "stop"? Might need to be an "ell" shape.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

sounds like your backstroke has a bit too much 'oomph'.

If it was going back and to the right i'd say you were pushing your meat too hard. but the opoposite way could just be your backhand with your meat is a bit vigorous.
          lmao - okay I've got to stop, this is just way too much innuendo for a thursday morning
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
            sounds like your backstroke has a bit too much 'oomph'.

If it was going back and to the right i'd say you were pushing your meat too hard. but the opoposite way could just be your backhand with your meat is a bit vigorous.
            lmao - okay I've got to stop, this is just way too much innuendo for a thursday morning
            Innuendo aside, you are on to something, we are just looking at the slicer from opposite directions. I think I am pushing down, ahead , and into the blade maybe a bit harder than I need to when slicing. So it is moving that direction. I need to heed my own advice, and let the machine do the work. I don't like meat sitting against a slicer blade too long though, it starts to warm up and smear. Especially something like bacon.
            sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Working...
            X