1 cup chopper onions
    1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons crawfish fat
    2 cups cold water
    1/4 cup onion tops (chives) and parsley
    1 generous tablespoon cornstarch
    salt, gbp and cayenne

Season crawfish tails with salt and pepper and put side. Heat EVOO or melt butter in heavy pot. Add garlic, bell pepper, onion and celery, cook till onions are wilted - stirring constantly. Add crawfish fat, 1 1/2 cups water nad crawfish tails. Bring to boil, then cook over low het for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Dissolve corn starch in 1/2 cup water, add to mixture. Let sit for a couple minutes to thicken. Serve over cooked white long grain rice. Serves 4.

I only had 1 lb so everything is cut in half.
    Mess In Place

In da pot wid da rice in da back!

An onna plate, simple!

No, ain't no stinkin tomatoes in dere!

U need directions fer rice?
    Last edited by Mark R; 02-05-2011, 10:13 AM.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

for the "mess in place" and the rotated pic. Looks vaguely familiar.
    I neeed direckshuns fur rice
    sigpic
    New Braunfels Bandera
    New Braunfels Hondo
    4-22.5" Weber Kettles
    1-26" Weber Kettle
    24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
    Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Love that stuff and it's been awhile since I made it, Usually just use shrimps cuz dem bugs iz so spensive here. Thanks for making want to make some more............................................

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
        I neeed direckshuns fur rice
        You trow it ina pot n cook it!

1 cup rice
        2 cups H2O
        splash of EVOO
        pinch salt

Put da EVOO an salt in da H2O, boil da H20, put de rice innit after is boilin den bring back to boil den simmer 15 to 20 minutes - till is done!

Thanks fer da points.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Dat looks Damn good Mark!
          sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Some NFL player won a faky lookin super bowl type ring for cookin this in a contest on the Rachael Ray show this mornin.

Comment

Mud bug fever........

Comment

That looks out of this world.
                Propane Smoke Shack
                UDS
                Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                sigpic

Comment

Looks Awesome Mark!
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks great bro!!!

Butt alas, no mudbugs anywhere in sight around these parts... Guess shrimp would work...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

HH, I do a very similiar recipe and it's out of this world. Posted it here some time back I think.

Anyway, here's a couple of suggestions on the Mudbugs. Being in CO, we don't have them here except in the summer and can't trap enough to make any difference. So, I do the next best thing.

#1) talk to your grocery store and see if you can order 1 lb bags frozen. I do that (via Krogers) and they are very good in all honesty. Been the same except price for the last 10 years. They're already cooked and shelled, tails only with some good juices as well.

#2) I also order live mudbugs from LA Crawfish Company. This only makes sense if you're doing a boil for a lot of people. They will also ship bugs already boiled and spiced. I've only done the live ones. In fact, planning on doing 30lbs next weekend with the brothers and friends.

http://www.lacrawfish.com/

If you look at their site now, you won't see any bugs offered up. It's early in the season and they already sold out this week's bugs. They said they would have them up again Sunday or Monday. At this point, it's $6.50 a lb for 30lbs which includes all the spices and Fedex the next day live. As the season goes on, they will come down in price.

The season ends late spring to early summer. Once it get's too warm in LA, their shells really harden up and they can be troublesome and mushy.

Hope that helps. Try it, you'll fall in Love with the dish
                      Pete
                      Large BGE
                      Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Nice post Mark
                        Pete
                        Large BGE
                        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

looks good

directions for rice - throw away rice and replace with, pasta, bread, cous-cous, potatos or anything else but rice

That sauce would go with pretty much anything

Still aren't allowed to catch the american signal crayfish that are infesting our rivers, 'cos if we catch the big ones, apparently, that just encourages the smaller ones to grow bigger. Which is kinda the point
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                            looks good

directions for rice - throw away rice and replace with, pasta, bread, cous-cous, potatos or anything else but rice

That sauce would go with pretty much anything

Still aren't allowed to catch the american signal crayfish that are infesting our rivers, 'cos if we catch the big ones, apparently, that just encourages the smaller ones to grow bigger. Which is kinda the point
                            You will get a chuckle out of this. I bought the mudbugs at a supermarket, Publix and other than seeing crawfish didn't read the label too closely. So I get them home and start to open them, I have my glasses on now, - product of Spain??? They were good, couldn't taste the trans-Atlantic difference. But if I had seen that I would not have picked them up!

And NO CA, rice, pass that other chit out in the lou! It has to be rice!
                            Mark
                            sigpic

Comment

30 lbs...how many people you going to have? I would always buy for 5 to 10 pounds per person...some would do 15.
                              Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Working...
                              X