cash n carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cash n carry

Don’t know if you have cash n carry in your area but in the Pacific Northwest this is the place to go for bulk meat. I know they are in California as well. I think there is a chain back east with this name but dont beleave it is the same store. If my memory serves me (and please correct me if I am wrong) this started out as united grocers. They supplied independent grocery stores in the area. As the big chains squeezed the independents out they started catering to the restaurant business and ultimately opened up to retail sales. Walking into their meat locker is a carnivore’s wet dream. I just start smiling and dreaming of huge smokers I would like to have. And the prices, cant touch them anywhere else. Its all bulk but if you can cut and freeze you save a ton of money. Also they have my favorite pellets for my smoker, Bear Mountain for $10 a bag. Spices are umber cheap as well.

Chuckey’s by the case

whole sirloins….grind your own hamburger heaven

USDA prime boneless rib eyes $5:50 lb (blue signs prime, yellow is choice)

baby backs on sale this week for $2.33 lb

packs of tri-tips $2.77 lb

boneless pork buts $1.50 lb

I also get my supplies. 500ft rolls of tin foil and 2000 ft rolls of plastic wrap are the same price you would spend on normal sized rolls in a grocery store.

So if you get the chance to check them out its worth your time.

Hell Yeah!... Got one 10 minutes from my house... I can drive there with my eyes closed...lol... Great store, though I've never seen Tri-tips at mine... And if your family eats pizza's, you can get all the stuff there CHEAP!
    sigpic

Comment

There's one 30 minutes from me. I love the place!!

They have 3 packs of pre trimmed St. Louis style ribs that are pretty good. That's where I get my briskets too. I've seen the boneless pork shoulders but I've never seen any bone-in ones there. Seems strange.

Dave
      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
      UDS 1.0
      Afterburner
      Weber Performer
      Blue Thermapen
      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
      Auber Smoker Controller
      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
      -
      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

IBP's not a bad packer either. Once in a while I still can score butts at $.99. Rare tho.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I wish we had one here with those prices. I've got an empty shelf in one of the freezers I could fill up.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Be nice to have a place like that here...Interesting...
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

15 min. from here,Great store
              sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

There is nothing like that anywhere near me, at least I've never heard of it and I probably would have. I have freezer space available also and am always looking for a bargain as most folks. Live in Jersey, work in Delaware, and can be in center city Philadelphia in 15 minutes. Little help please?
                Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

We have Sam's Club and Costco, kinda the same, no tritips though. Have to go to Super Wallyworld for packers.. We used to have Kash and Karry, but that turned into SweetBay. But not the same.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                    There's one 30 minutes from me. I love the place!!

They have 3 packs of pre trimmed St. Louis style ribs that are pretty good. That's where I get my briskets too. I've seen the boneless pork shoulders but I've never seen any bone-in ones there. Seems strange.

Dave
                    I too have noticed the boneless only. Either way i picked up two when they were on sale for 1.27 a couple weeks ago.

Im glad i have one close. There are local butcher places but the prices on meat would keep me out of smoking almost.

I also pick up my Lazzari charcoal there too.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdFusion21 View Post
                      I also pick up my Lazzari charcoal there too.
                      Do you use the mesquite? Lazarri also makes oak lump but the Cash and Carry by me only carries the mesquite.

Dave
                      CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                      UDS 1.0
                      Afterburner
                      Weber Performer
                      Blue Thermapen
                      Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                      Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                      Auber Smoker Controller
                      Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                      -
                      "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

We have Restaurant Depot here and they are amazing to shop in. I did the security and CCTV systems for the first ones about 10 years ago and got a membership card from one of the managers. The meat section in San Diego must be close to 1500 sq ft easy
                        Scarbelly

Comment

Dang, I'm jealous!!! Nothing like that around these parts...

From their website, it looks like California, Oregon, Nevada, Idaho, and Washington locations only. Bummer.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Holy crap I would have though I'd died and gone to heaven if I walked into that place. I wish I had something like that around here. All we have is Wally world or Sams club.
                            Propane Smoke Shack
                            UDS
                            Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like I just found where my next full packer brisket is coming from, and probably many other items for the freezer.

Thanks PB!
                              sigpicTrying to fit.....in the misfits....

Comment

Working...
                              X