smoked bread question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoked bread question

So i saw Ryans recipe for meat ball subs yesterday and since i had some bread to bake (almost identical to the no knead bread one post down) I decided to make my own hoagies. I have never tried to bake on my pellet pooper and wanted to give it a try. Put the pizza stone on and turn temp to 400 deg. The bread finished ok, bottom was browned but the top looked like the color of a baked potato.
    Has anyone had any luck with bread in a smoker?
    any recipes, tips or tricks to try? thinking I could have tried a higher temp and perhaps topped with butter or egg whites?
    In our house we hardly ever have a meal without bread and should really make my own more.

we've had a lot of smoked/grilled pizza posts.
    Pretty sure we've also had somebody do smoked bread.

Pretty sure cowgirl did some in her uds.
    look up cowgirls old posts.
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I like grilled dough which is more of a flat bread and probably similar to baking in a WFO. But I just don't I would care much for smoked bread. Keep us in the groove.
      Last edited by SmokinLee; 02-04-2011, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I have smoked flour.
        I have a post here somewhere where I smoked it.
        I really liked the flavor it permiated the dough. I don't see how you could get a smoker hot enough to smoke bread.
        My sourdough is baked at 500F.

They sell smoked flour in the UK. Google 'smoked flour' and you will see it.
        "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

lol guess I could add smoked flour to the product list.
          Already planning on selling a bunch of different smoked spices.
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Here is my post
            http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...t=smoked+flour

Here is a link to the UK smoked flour http://www.bacheldremill.co.uk/shop/details/?q=57
            I got some of this last time I was in the UK. The smoked flour I made was as good and didn't cost me an arm and a leg.
            "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

My smoker can get up to 500deg. at that temp there isnt a whole lot of smoke...I am gonna try a few things, do some reading and if i have any luck i will post results.
              the smoked flower is a great idea . I have an Amazing smoker that i use for cold smokeing and will try it soon.

Comment

I have been smoking flour ever since Mo posted that. I have smoked bread, but I have a smoker/warmer box right over my firebox, so it works for me. Baking powder biscuits do well in the smoker. But smoking the flour is the way to go.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                X