Geek's Jalamento Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geek's Jalamento Cheese

Disclaimer: This recipe is a variation of a pimento cheese recipe shown on Diner's Drive-ins and dives. Search FoodTV for the recipe if you like.

I really like pimento cheese, and have always wanted to make a smoked version. I thought just smoke on its own would overwhelm most recipes so I spiced it up a bit. Basically replaced the pimentos with jalapenos and sweet relish.

Ingredients:
    1 Lb Sharp Cheddar
    1/2 Lb Colby
    1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
    1/2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
    1 Tbl Sweet Relish
    1/2 cup minced jalapenos
    1 cup mayo

Directions:
    Smoke the cheese the night before. I like to use cherry wood for this recipe, but any mild wood would be fine. The next day, grate the 2 cheeses and hand blend in a large mixing bowl. The jalapenos are better if you use fresh and roast over coals. Remove the seeds, membrane, skin, and mince fine. Hand mix the remaining ingredients until well blended. Cover and store in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour for the flavors to meld.

Use as you would any other recipe, but I like to do the following:
    Spread mixture on a tortilla and lay a straight line of sweet pickles. Roll the tortilla tight and wrap with foil. Place the roll in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden. Then slice and serve. See below....enjoy:

Yum!!
    Don't you just love that show? This looks a great starter for a get together, thanks for posting!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Dude, you need your own show! Very nice indeed.
      Keith

Comment

Sounds and looks great, be a nice hor'dourve to serve. Good job Geek !!!
        --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
        www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Thanks
          I'd bet that's an excellent app.

Comment

Fine looking appetizers and teasers Josh! Thanks for sharing this one buster.

3405 BGW GOSM gasser
            Chargriller Duo W/ SFB and mods
            Uni-Flame kettle grill - poor lonely grill
            *New - Home made Drum Smoker with options*
            Various other tools of mass destruction

Comment

that's some good looking appertisers.
              Hell get a plate alternating with those and slices of fatty and you've got a starter plate people would pay for :-)
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

ive beeen thinking paminto and cheese for about two weeks this might drive me over the edge
                one of my guilty pleasures is store buoght paminto and cheese it doesnt compare to home made but man i love it
                Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Saved, for the do gig! Thanks!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

That looks mighty tasty! points

sigpic

Comment

i have had something real close to this, only using creme cheese........i would call em stoner jolly ranchers.........LOL

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

Working...
                      X