? for the Minnesota Boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? for the Minnesota Boys

Watching DDD tonight, and he featured a joint in Duluth. Don't remember the place but it was run by some women and had 3 names. One of the featured items was cranberry, wildrice french toast with beer syrup. The cakes looked fantastic and the syrup sounds real good and something I'd like to try. Anyone have a recipe for beer syrup? It looked like brown sugar, corn syrup, beer, and cinnamon was about all that was in it. I've made an orange syrup for my pancakes before, and it is "off the hook" as Guy would say. (Gotta confess he's grown on me.)
    sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Cant help ya here muley but it sure does sound good .hope someone has heard of it.
    2-22.5'' weber
    1-18'' weber
    1 smokey joe
    22.5'' wsm
    24'' smoke vault
    1-outhouse
    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Was it actually in the town of Duluth or around that area? I'm sure it is awesome but is there anything that Guy doesn't thik is "Off the hook"? haha
      Propane Smoke Shack
      UDS
      Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds a lot like Bettys Pies, on old 61 between Duluth and Two Harbors. I think JimH is from up that a ways
        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
          Sounds a lot like Bettys Pies, on old 61 between Duluth and Two Harbors. I think JimH is from up that a ways
          That is what was thinking of but if it was actually in Duluth that wouldn't be the place. Hopefully we can figure this out.
          Propane Smoke Shack
          UDS
          Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
          sigpic

Comment

I knew you guys would help me out here. I found the name of the place on his episode list. Its called; At Sara's Table, Chester Creek Cafe, and the address is 1902 E 8th St. Duluth. Seems to me the building had a third name on the big sign too, like Mikes Place or Joes Place, something place anyway. I think it was like a stones throw from the lake also. They get whitefish daily from the lake. I spose a lot of joints do though.
            sigpic

Comment

Tarans Market Place. Thats the sign on the building. Google is my friend, cept for the damn beer syrup recipe.
              sigpic

Comment

Check this one out Jim;

http://www.chocolatesyrup.net/guinne...up-recipe.html

Guiness beer chocolate syrup
                JT

Comment

That will be a keeper.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's link for a beer liquer in this guys quest for beer syrup; might help you create somethin;
                    http://spiritsandcocktails.wordpress...-beer-liqueur/
                    Cheers
                    JT

Comment

Working...
                    X