Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They Wouldn't Take Cash, So I Went To Cash & Carry Today - Help & Ideas Needed Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Wouldn't Take Cash, So I Went To Cash & Carry Today - Help & Ideas Needed Please

My FIL & his brother helped me over the weekend finish installing about 600 square feet of hardwood flooring. They would not take any cash for helping & only drank 2 beers, so I told them I would pay em back in a week or so..... I hit Cash & Carry for 2 Butts, Pork Loin, 28 lb Shoulder Clod ($74!!), Brisket, Hot Links & Cheese....

I have more ground butt in the freezer to add & will vac pack up a bunch of stuff for me boys & was thinking: bulk breakfast sausage, cheese fatties sliced, brats, pork loin jerky, some loin steaks, pulled brisket, pulled pork, Hot Links (already made) & smoked cheese. Anything else I should be thinking about? .... Open to all ideas

I Always Wanted To Buy One Of Those Shoulder Clods, Now WHAT?..... THING IS HUGE!!!

sigpic

Sounds like you're setting them up just fine!!

Shoulder clod...another cut I never see around here.
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Comment

Dang man, you've got your work cut out! I've never heard of the clod. Can't wait to see whatcha gonna do....

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        I Always Wanted To Buy One Of Those Shoulder Clods, Now WHAT?..... THING IS HUGE!!!
        Hunky that baby up and light a fire under it...MH 'll make it all good! OK, something that big I would inject it too.
        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
          Hunky that baby up and light a fire under it...MH 'll make it all good! OK, something that big I would inject it too.
          That's what I was thinking also Dana, just gonna have to chop that SOB in 1/4's to get it to fit on one of my smokers
          sigpic

Comment

That's what I was thinking also Dana, just gonna have to chop that SOB in 1/4's to get it to fit on one of my smokers
            hea bud, if you thinking of chopping it up.... watch for the top blade section of the clod which you can get some real tasty tender steaks from at clod price... AKA Flatirons... here a link, best one i seen on how to trim them up...

http://ilovefood.fronza.net/?p=844

i also like to do the center portion for slicing and the ends which have more connective tissue and such take up to pull temps... great cut man... steaks,sliced sammy meat, and pulled, all from the same chunk. have also thought about doing something like burnt ends from the clod ends but havent gone there yet...
            Charbroil SFB
            GOSM
            MES
            Dutch Ovens and other CI
            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

They would not take any cash for helping & only drank 2 beers, so I told them I would pay em back in a week or so.....
              Me thinks they knew the alternate payoff would be better??

Hell, knowing what you can do with a grill, smoker, and grinder, I wouldn't take cash from you either.

Dave
              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
              -
              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Didn't Capt. Dan post something not too long ago on cooking one of these monsters up?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Oh man I bet he likes that better than taking money.
                  Propane Smoke Shack
                  UDS
                  Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                    Didn't Capt. Dan post something not too long ago on cooking one of these monsters up?

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...45&postcount=1

Here's one Erain did

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...21&postcount=1
                    sigpic
                    New Braunfels Bandera
                    New Braunfels Hondo
                    4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                    1-26" Weber Kettle
                    24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                    Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                      .... watch for the top blade section of the clod which you can get some real tasty tender steaks from at clod price... AKA Flatirons...
                      I love the flatiron steaks...didn't know where they came from though. Thanks for the education, E!

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                      Me thinks they knew the alternate payoff would be better??
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Niiice... maybe cure a leaner hunk of the beef, thin slice for some awesome F.D. fodder.

Maybe should have got some lean beef for a long term gift. Jerky? Ah well..you did 'em good, buddy. Hey...need any more work done??
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Niiice... maybe cure a leaner hunk of the beef, thin slice for some awesome F.D. fodder.

Maybe should have got some lean beef for a long term gift. Jerky? Ah well..you did 'em good, buddy. Hey...need any more work done??
                          Sure Rich, I got 15 recessed cans I gotta install next..... ZZZZZZZZZZAP!.... Scott falls off ladder again...

I had a big bag of Flank Steak that was gonna be for jerky for em, but I put it back..... I only had $200 in me wallet .... I will probably see if I can Wrestle some lean beef cuts outta that shoulder clod, as soon as I get a 1/2 day freed up to start hackin on that pig!
                          sigpic

Comment

First off I am not a butcher so with that be'n said I bought a 26# top round roast that looked very close to your pic. This is what the butcher gave me when I asked to London Broil in the bag...They were on sale at the time. Any Meat cutters out there? Same cuts different names I do know there are only so many parts on the hoof

Ooops didn't mean to hitch hike

You're paying your help off in a very fine way

Comment

Originally posted by Checkered Past View Post
                              First off I am not a butcher so with that be'n said I bought a 26# top round roast that looked very close to your pic. This is what the butcher gave me when I asked to London Broil in the bag...They were on sale at the time. Any Meat cutters out there? Same cuts different names I do know there are only so many parts on the hoof

Ooops didn't mean to hitch hike

You're paying your help off in a very fine way
                              I just did a google search for top round roast pictures & it appears to me, based on my limited experience that they are different cuts ..... It looks like the top round is more of a single muscle cut & the shoulder clod is multi-muscle? .... Just my observation (probably wrong ) .... Interesting to see what some of our butchers have to say.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X