Smokey Nachos - A Work of Art.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey Nachos - A Work of Art.

I did not make these. My wife and I shared them tonight. It's our anniversary and we decided that since it's been a while, we'd eat at our favorite BBQ joint. BBQ works really well for me since it's so tender, it's easy to chew, swallow, and digest.
    So this is a pretty big order of of nacho chips with brisket, pulled pork, pulled chicken, pit beans, jalapeņos, shredded cheddar and jack cheese, and BBQ sauce. I ate about 5 chips and had all I could take. Cheryl ate about half, and brought the rest home.

I make these at home quite often. In fact at the "other" forum there is an old post about them. If you've never made them, you should try them.

Tom

Dat chit werks, sound like dinner! I could see me an a big plate O dat!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I don't know how you stopped at 5 chips, Tom. I would have jumped right in the middle of that and ate until I hurt myself.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Love smokey nachos...I too would have stopped at 5...buckets full! Good stuff.
        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Damn.. I bet those were good.. I wonder how they would taste with some of my chipotle cream sauce on them.. Hhhmmm.
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Those look pretty good. How about a review of the place, or at least its name?
            Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Five chips? I dont think you should overeat like that Tom

Good to see youre getting some solid foods now!

And congrats on the anniversary!
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

you got in that one big chip daddy.....stay in it
                Jerod
                GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                  I don't know how you stopped at 5 chips, Tom. I would have jumped right in the middle of that and ate until I hurt myself.
                  Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                  Love smokey nachos...I too would have stopped at 5...buckets full! Good stuff.
                  That was the old me. If I ate more than what I did, I'd be miserable. It sure is hard not too sometimes though.

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                  Damn.. I bet those were good.. I wonder how they would taste with some of my chipotle cream sauce on them.. Hhhmmm.
                  Tell ya what Ken, send me a bottle of it, and I'll try it next time.

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                  Those look pretty good. How about a review of the place, or at least its name?
                  It's called Buckinghams and it's probably one of the best around here. What I like about them, is they actually smoke everything in a huge stick burner with oak and hickory. Nothing is smoked with electricity or gas, so the pit master actually has to be on his toes for his entire shift. I'll get pics of that smoker sometime, and post them. It's a beast.

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                  Five chips? I dont think you should overeat like that Tom

Good to see youre getting some solid foods now!

And congrats on the anniversary!
                  Thanks Craig. 17 years and still going strong.

Tom

Comment

Congrats on 17 years Tom & Mrs. Gunny ... The nachos look great.... Nachos is the #1 use for BBQ leftovers at our house, the kids love it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks fantastic, Congrats on your super hero willpower.

Comment

Working...
                      X