Who kneads bread when Mo is around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who kneads bread when Mo is around?

I sent a note to Mo a few days ago thanking her for some info she shared on a post. The topic was Sourdough starter and she sent me the link to her starter thread and she graciously sent me two of hers to try out. Following her No Knead tutorial, look what I dun!

Here's my (term deleted due to overuse).

this is both starters after I "restarted" them(?) as well as the unkneaded dough

Here's what I stuffed it with, the meat is sopressatta.

flattened it out and added my stuffing then folded it up just like she said.

fast forward to the end

He hee I made bread.

I have only tried Carl to date but I love it!
    And the San Fransisco starter smells outta this world good.
    Thanks Mo you're the bomb!
    JT

That looks real good! I could have me a slice O that!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Oh yeah Baby, shove some of that my way! Lookin' good!
      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

That looks delicious. Who needs butter?
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Wow, that looks fantastic.

Tom

Comment

Thanks gang, it was a lot of fun. The bottom got a little dark, but didn't hurt the flavor any. Just gotta get the technique down. My oven is quite a challenge.
            JT

Comment

Good looking sourdough, WF! I also like your stuffing.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Wow that is some great looking bread
                Scarbelly

Comment

look like a great loaf!
                  sigpic
                  it's all good my friend..........

Comment

YEAH!!
                    So cool that you changed it up! Meat and cheese Baby, that's what I'm talking about.
                    See the little gelatinous cells? THAT MY FRIEND MEANS SOME TASTE BREAD!!
                    I can tell from those cells that it is creamy moist and chewy, right?
                    GOOD FOR YOU!!
                    Yeah!

On Edit; I got all excited and meant to say to try to bump your oven shelf up one and also put a cookie sheet under your pot. That will take care of the bottom getting over done.
                    "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by moselle View Post
                      I can tell from those cells that it is creamy moist and chewy, right?
                      On Edit; I got all excited and meant to say to try to bump your oven shelf up one and also put a cookie sheet under your pot. That will take care of the bottom getting over done.
                      Thanks again Mo.
                      At the risk of sounding immodest, Yeah Mo it was Only thing wrong with it was the overdone bottom. I trimmed that off and gave a bunch of it out to friends who all commented that it didn't even need butter. Big success.
                      And yeah I got excited too and forgot to put the pizza stone in the oven
                      Seriously gang you all gotta try this, it's amazingly easy. In her thread Mo used packaged yeast, but she gave me the ok to sub 1/4 cup of the sourdough starter.
                      JT

Comment

Really Nice. That looks like a definite must try.
                        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Someday I'll give this a try, looked real nice. Before you know it your gonna be working with Herman.

Comment

WOW! ...... That's my kinda bread!
                            sigpic

Comment

Guess the shelf life thread is kinda redundant, can't see that lasting long enough to worry about it going off

Fabulous looking bread. Have some more
                              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                              X