Vday Fondue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vday Fondue

Had a request from the wife this year for Valentines dinner. Normally, we do ribs, or seafood. This year she decided she wanted fondue. Rather than go drop 80 bucks at the The Melting Pot, I called upon my vast collection of recipes and skills, and saved myself about $50. Not a ton of pics, as the cheese fondue requires a ton of attention. I don't think I even got a finished pic of that. Anyhow, here it is:

The fixins for the cheese fondue: About 1 1/4 lb Emmantaler, some Gewurtztraminer, some apple schnapps, garlic, flour and nutmeg.

The beef. The stuff was to die for. Melted in your mouth.

The broth, in action. It was composed of beef broth, soy sauce, garlic, onion, cilantro, and Thai green curry paste.

The whole spread:

Sorry, not too many detailed pics, but, I will say it was good. Thanks for looking.
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Nice spread IC, and what a little cutie in the last pic!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I have never had fondue, I dont understand the raw meat? Does the sauce cook it kinda?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
        I have never had fondue, I dont understand the raw meat? Does the sauce cook it kinda?
        In this case, it cooks in the boiling broth. There are other preparations that use hot oil, basically deep frying the meat. Don't care for that too much.

Comment

great looking table you put together

deb and i enjoy the "melt pot" but not the price... we only get there on very special occasions. i am thinking that i am ready to try fondue at home. thanks for the inspiration.
          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Yum.
            When I've had the broth kind you add veggies and sometimes starch like noodles at the end and eat the contents of the 'pot' as a soup. The broth is really flavorful from all the meat enriching it.
            Did you do that Irish?
            "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Right nice gig there! Still got my fondue stuff from the early 70's...showin me age!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by moselle View Post
                Yum.
                When I've had the broth kind you add veggies and sometimes starch like noodles at the end and eat the contents of the 'pot' as a soup. The broth is really flavorful from all the meat enriching it.
                Did you do that Irish?
                No. We were way too stuffed to even think about that. Sounds like a good idea though.

Comment

interesting idea! try a little fontina as well and a good choice of wine that was.
                  sigpic
                  it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Working...
                  X