X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet 16

Any body still have a bracket intact?

what a weekend.

Looks like next weekends match-ups will be great as well.

I see our Michigan State Spartans, are up against the Jayhawks. hmmmmmm!
    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

I've got 15 out of 16 going next weekend

Comment

Thats pretty impressive!
      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Comment

Dan, my bracket looks terrible. I don't want to burst your bubble here, but have ya ever heard the KU Jayhawk song? Better get ready my friend, the Jayhawks are a rolling and doing a lot better than everybody thought. If ya don't have the song I shall email it to ya. What did KU get today? The first triple double since 1993. Who did it back then? Shaq my friend. Remember, basketball is one of my lesser sports. But we are talking KU now, serious business.

ROCK, CHALK JAYHAWK --- KU
        sigpic

Comment

Looks like a good matchup with the#3 Jayhawks and the #2 Spartans. The #1 UL Cardinals get the #12 AZ Wildcats. Anything can happen in a 1 and done but I'm liking UL's chances. Good luck to you guys and your respective teams.
          Smoke n Pit

ECB

T-bone Grill Co.
          flat top grill

Comment

Best I have heard of. Wow.

Originally posted by Jimr View Post
            I've got 15 out of 16 going next weekend

Dan, At least I will get to see the game out here with MSU playing KU. Go State. It was a great weekend of basketball.

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
            Any body still have a bracket intact?

what a weekend.

Looks like next weekends match-ups will be great as well.

I see our Michigan State Spartans, are up against the Jayhawks. hmmmmmm!
            Any of yall in Luu-ville for this surprise from CBS? Gotta love those clowns. They have been messing up the NCAA tourney for 20+ yrs now. At least they dumped Packer this year.
            http://tinyurl.com/c526cy
            Glen
            Large Vertical & 3 UDS (Illini drum by Bubba before he went big-time)
            KCBS CBJ
            Blue Thermopen
            Profile:
            http://www.coltecconsulting.com

Comment

Never got around to doing a bracket this year...just wanted to make a comment about not counting out the Syracuse "Marathon Men" Orange. They're NOT done yet!

Comment

I love the competition and attention. I really don't like basketball, but every year during March I pay attention. My bracket stinks. Then there are those people who don't know anything other than mascots who sat down, did a bracket and are doing great. Go figure. One thing is for sure, alumni and friends of one school will be very happy in 2 weeks. The rest of us will be left sobbing and waiting for next year. I don't like the tourney system or the BSC scheme the NCAA uses, it sucks. But it is all we got. What I see coming up in the next few days is simple. Missouri and Oklahoma definitely blow out this week. In the big game, the Jayhawks of course vs ???? The winner KU JAYHAWKS! Seriously though, I hope my Jayhawks survive, this next game is a big one. My team has a problem of being stuck on them selves at time and not taking their opponents seriously. Everybody says they are the defending champs, but thats not entirely true. The school is the defending champs, but only one player is on the team from last year. We have 2 very defensive teams facing off in KU vs Mich State. Should be a very interesting physical game.
                sigpic

Comment

These games are going to be just great. Contrary to many, I like that the higher seeds made it through.

I like the upsets just like the next person but they are really an illusion in one game scenarios. (I was even happy for WKU - as I have some ties when they beat my Illini but that was really not an upset as few truly are these days -- I digress.)

I have a 'chalk' bracket really (2 #1 and 2 #2 in the Final Four). I have MSU over KU, Mem over Mizzou and OU winning too. Bill Self has done a great job with that new squad. I like MSU's depth by a tad. Mem has another NBA frosh at the point now. They are good. OU has superman Blake.

It should be interesting. But I am hoops addict who will flip to Association playoffs after the final four is over.

I actually had tickets to the event in Detroit but decided to give them and not make a trip back up there. (I gave them to the guy who hired me at Ford 20 yrs ago - he got laid off last fall)
                  Glen
                  KCBS CBJ
                  Blue Thermopen
                  Profile:

Comment

Nice thing you did for your friend. Being laid off is pretty bad in any economy, but this one, not a good deal. My sister-in-law works for Wal-Mart in purchasing, she said 2 weeks they opened up a new store, I forget where. But there were 3000 people that applied the first day for 175 jobs. That about sums it up. They say major league ballparks are being swamped with apps for those part time vendor jobs. I don't even want to think what it must be like to be job hunting these days. Imagine sitting through 4 years of college and trying to get something in your field now.

Back to NCAA ball now. I believe the team to watch and look-out for if your local team is still in the hunt is North Carolina. You gotta respect the team and the man behind the team. I don't think Gonzanga will be much of a match for them. I am sure Gonzanga will keep it tight in the first half. But the second half I am sure Carolina will start plugging away and as the penalties come Carolina is more disciplined on the court and has a much higher free throw percentage. Year in year out Carolina is right there. Now after that, there is a toss up. NC vs Villanueva or Duke? That match to get to play NC will be a good one.

The Jayhawks and MSU are going to be real defensive. I wouldn't expect them to hit 60. But, then again its going to come down to discipline on the court and free throws. I think since both teams are so defensive that most of the three point shots will be gone. To win, a team is going to have to be aggressive, get inside to draw fouls, be disciplined to prevent offensive fouls, and ready to constantly change that game plan. Tricky game to really call, could go many different ways here. I bet 4 starters though from each team will foul out and it will be won by 2 or less. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

I didn't get to hear the news and didn't check before I logged on here but my son told me somebody went down hard tonight in practice for Missou. Anybody know who it was?

Got to get this NCAA Mens Div II out of here. I need some NFL people. The KC CHIEFS are not looking to trade Tony Gonzalez, just Larry Johnson and Brian Waters. Good riddance to Johnson. Let that man go to some other city and assault women.
                    sigpic

Comment

You gentlemen keep leaving out the Orange and Jonny Flynn. He is one of if not the best point gaurd in the country. They have won 10 out of their last 11. Lost only to Louisville in the Big East Championship game and that had a lot to do with 6 overtimes the night before. 'Cuse gets past Oklahoma and they get the winner of NC/Gonzaga. Both are great teams but 'cuse has scoring depth from anywhere on the floor and a very deep bench. Will be interesting.

Comment

True. The Orange are a great squad and that match-up zone just might be the kryptonite they need for OU superman Blake. I love that Flynn kid, too. What a performance in the Big East tourney.

KU - MSU will be a slugfest. MSU has to get points our of Raymar Morgan. I hetched on that happening with the pick here. Not sure of course.

If Lawson keeps playing for NC, I think they can roll all the way. I picked OU over them to got to final four due to question about Lawson. 'Cuse could make some noise just the same there, too. I don't think the 'Zags have enough. Their PG is nice.

I did not hear who went down for Mizzou. Hopefully not that Magic Johnson type kid they have. He's a load.

Yea, here's another Walmart story for ya out of Livonia, MI last summer. Many folks (union and anti-walmart types) protested them putting up a new supercenter before it opened. Yet they had 9000 applications for I think about 1000 part time and full time jobs. Crazy. Where is SmokyOkie, I will have to go get him riled up on TQJ. (he dislikes Wally world - ha)
                        Glen
                        KCBS CBJ
                        Blue Thermopen
                        Profile:

Comment

Yup I think it was Carroll that went down for Missou. Thats the breaks, it has to hurt them there though. He is about the entire force behind them. I guess for some its good my Jayhawks don't have to face the Tigers any time soon. I would have to break out my special "Muck Fizzou" shirt again. All in good fun though. Got some Mizzou friends and they all say there is a special KU shirt out there but I have never seen it. Don't see the Orange Men making it much further. I think they will squeak by OK, but Carolina will shut them down. Too much flash, not enough dash.

Gonna be a big event all the same. Now that we are in the Sweet 16 it all happens and the run of the nerves and frustrations begin. Gonzanga, though they still kill me. I would never have thought they would make it this far. But the ride is almost over.
                          sigpic

Comment

MSU beat the jayhawks pretty badly already this year. I think they can do it again!
                            Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Comment

Its frustrating folks, my updated bracket has taken another hit. Purdue went and lost. Wow this is sad, you can almost count the ones I got right to this point on one hand. My wife who can't stand basketball at any level and refuses to watch, listen or attend a game on the other hand is doing great. At this point, I am about ready to just watch and be a general spectator. I was in Lawrence KS today and boy are they ever getting ready for a party down there. If KU makes it to the Elite 8 the police are already begging the bars to only serve alcohol in paper or plastic cups. They don't want any glass making its way out to the street celebrations. It worked great when KU won the Orange Bowl. And again when about 40,000 people crammed into downtown Lawrence after the Final Four last year and partied until 7AM. With the warmer weather this year than in 1988 if KU wins the BIG ONE, it will be a mad house.

Sort of like years ago when I used to drag her along to the doggie track. She thought it was inhumane and cruel. But she could sure pick a winner, even Trifectas. Me, I was lucky to pick an oaccassional dog to show and I think only once to place.

Luckily for us, I have a better eye for cattle and horses. What can I say, when it comes to cattle I like to smoke it and eat it. Horses, I love to ride.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X