Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon

Okay I finally scored some pork bellies and the best thing is that I got 38 pounds for free!!!!!! well kinda all I have to do is give the guy half. I’m five days into a seven day cure. Please check it out and let me know what you think. I used a 1 to 1 mix of tinder quick and “sugar in the raw” from what I’ve see it’s 5-7 days per half inch. The thickest of my bellies it only 1” maybe 1 ¼

Ok guys I got it all done. I cold smoked the bellies for 10hrs in a 50/50 mixture of apple and peach wood and boy o’ boy that peach wood smells so damn sweet. I really don’t think I’ll ever buy bacon again

Hmmmm. Better send me a sample or 2 so I can give ya my opinion

Lookin good. That smoker looks vaguely familiar, where I have I seen that before
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Looks great! Family and friends like the meatier and leaner bbb but I still like regular from the belly. Thick cut peppered belly bacon is awesome. And you got it for free...nice
      MES SS
      Weber Kettle Gold 22.5"
      Weber Genesis
      Green Mountain Daniel Boone

Comment

thanks Meat Hunter if i had some left i would i actually had to buy some last week

Big D, thank you thats one reason i picked that name that, the band and I'm an electrician kinda all came together

Mossy, i'm with you brother gimme the belly anytime

Comment

Very nice looking bacon!
          sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Working...
          X