Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mad Hunky Pecan Smoked Root Beer Spares & Pulled Beef From 28 Pound Chuck Roll Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Hunky Pecan Smoked Root Beer Spares & Pulled Beef From 28 Pound Chuck Roll Roast

Every Character Used!

Mad Hunky & Brown Sugar on the Spares & some of my rub on the roasts, kicked up with some of Bassman's friends Jalapeno Salt .....Smoked over Pecan.

Spares I went 3-3-1 adding more Mad Hunky & Root Beer @ 165* when foiled, then finishing with Sweet Baby Rays the last hour..... They were the best spares I have ever made, eaten or had to date.... Buddy also said the same.... One of those things where it all lined up & worked perfectly.

Pulled Beef came from roasts I cut outta the 28 pound chuck roll recently & they turned out equally as well. Wanted a sweet & heat flavor & foiled @ 165* adding Root Beer & more jalapeno rub..... Pulled @ 202*..... rested for 2 hours in foil, then pulled..... To quote the great Jimmy Walker.... "DY-NO-MITE"

sigpic

Hehehe... OMG. The meat commodities market MUST notice when yer goin' at the smoker! Phew!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Damn Scott that all looks awesome I gotta give this rootbeer gig a go soon
      sigpic
      homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Comment

Good looking bunch of meat, Scott. Today I only picked up 15 pounds of spares. Got a long way to go to catch up with you.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Just a little note on the Jalapeno Salt..... It is awesome stuff & packs a nice little kick & staying power.....
          sigpic

Comment

Is there a recipe/method for this salt, sir?
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

This is made in Bassman's town I believe, or nearby?... Great Stuff.... I would highly recommend it.

Just took a little finger taste........ Sneezed 6 times in a row

Website is www.coloradojalapenosalt.com
              sigpic

Comment

Ahhh...OK. I'd be innerested in some of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  This is made in Bassman's town I believe, or nearby?... Great Stuff.... I would highly recommend it.

Just took a little finger taste........ Sneezed 6 times in a row

Website is www.coloradojalapenosalt.com
                  Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                  Ahhh...OK. I'd be innerested in some of that!
                  Good looking grub Goonie Goo Goo!! Looks right by me brotha.
                  Jalapeno salt! I will second that notion. Absolutely perfect We have had it on a variety of dishes. Most recently being popcorn!! Off the hook goodness there, I must say. Dang sure worth a try and it lasts a long time.
                  Enjoy!
                  Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                  Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

That is one rockin smoke ya did there Scott!
                    I'm definately going to try the Rootbeer thing and it gave me a few other ideas as well. I bet it would make a cood flavor to add to BBQ sauce.
                    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                    Yoder Wichita
                    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                      Every Character Used!

Mad Hunky & Brown Sugar on the Spares

& some of my rub on the roasts, kicked up with some of Bassman's friends Jalapeno Salt .....Smoked over Pecan.

sacrilige... making MH sweet, can see Rich going bangie right now...

and wtf... you have "your own rub"??? sheesh i thought you were hunkified totally!!!

great lookin smoke bro... when they give me some more!!!
                      Charbroil SFB
                      GOSM
                      MES
                      Dutch Ovens and other CI
                      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
                        sacrilige... making MH sweet, can see Rich going bangie right now...
                        Heh... Some folks' kids, I swear

I did a hunk of brisket point for a small roast yesterday E... used Plowboy's Bovine Bold on it. I have a bunch of rubs I use. Mainly Hunky, but there's plenty of room in my pantry for other quality rubs!

Comment

that sure is a good looking pile of meat! when i get some more...
                          ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Very nice Billy Bob..........

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                              That is one rockin smoke ya did there Scott!
                              I'm definately going to try the Rootbeer thing and it gave me a few other ideas as well. I bet it would make a cood flavor to add to BBQ sauce.
                              Probably would Rob, give it a go! I have injected it in wings mixed with SBR's & we liked it

Originally posted by erain View Post
                              sacrilige... making MH sweet, can see Rich going bangie right now... and wtf... you have "your own rub"??? sheesh i thought you were hunkified totally!!! great lookin smoke bro... when they give me some more!!!
                              I am totally Hunkified E, just too many jars & crap in the spice cabinet, gotta clear out more room for more Hunky .... Mine is nothing but basic magic dust tweaked with whatever else needs to go to make room for more Mad Hunky
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X