the best cinnamon rolls Ive ever had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best cinnamon rolls Ive ever had

Here is my cinnamon roll recipe texas hunter, sorry I havent been on here for a while, just seems like theres alot to do around here, going into the new season and all.

So here it is ripped from the blue pages:

I got this recipe a few years back and they are by far the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had, they are time consuming, but is'nt smoking meat? Besides you can do it while you'r smokin and have a delicious desert.

I am going to throw in some pics just for the fun of it, here are the ingredients:

***Dough***
    2 packages active dry yeast
    1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
    2/3 cup sugar, PLUS1 teaspoon sugar, the teaspoon of sugar goes into your warm water and yeast, to help get the little guys eaten and gettin everything all foamy.
    1 cup warmed milk
    2/3 cup butter
    2 teaspoons salt
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    7 cups flour, or more if needed
    ***Filling***
    1 cup melted butter, divided
    1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
    3 tablespoons cinnamon
    1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
    1 1/2 cup raisins, optional
    ***Creamy Glaze***
    2/3 cup melted butter
    4 cups powdered sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    6 tablespoons hot water, more as needed

!!!!!!a little trick to get dough to rise good is to crank up the oven to 400 degrees for ONE minute, turn the oven off and this will make it about 80 degrees inside the oven which is supposedly the best temp to get dough to rise.!!!!!

and here are the directions:
    In a small bowl mix together warm water, yeast and sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining 2/3 Cup sugar, melted butter, salt and eggs; stir well and add yeast mixture. Add half the flour and beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is slightly stiff (dough will be sticky). Turn out onto a well-floured board; knead 5-10 minutes. Place in well-buttered glass or plastic bowl, cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1-1 1/2 hours. When doubled, punch down dough and let rest 5 min. Roll out on floured surface into a 15x20" rectangle.

Filling: Spread dough with 1/2 Cup melted butter. Mix together 1 1/2 Cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins, if desired. Roll up jellyroll-fashion and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12-15 slices. Coat bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan and a 8 inch square pan with remaining melted butter, then sprinkle with remaining sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pans. Let rise in warm place until dough is doubled in bulk, about 45 min. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until rolls are nicely browned. Cool rolls slightly.

Creamy Glaze: Meanwhile, in med. bowl, mix melted butter, powdered sugar and vanilla; add hot water 1 Tablespoon at a time until glaze reaches desired spreading consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.

here is the yeast sugar and warm water, it should always get foamy after a few minutes

here is the yeast and sugar milk mixture combined, no flour yet:

make sure you sift the flour:

here is the dough in the glass bowl sprayed well so it wont stick to the sides:

Last edited by krusher; 03-23-2009, 08:17 AM.

here are some more pics, I just got done rolling them up and slicing them. Going in the oven to rise before baking

here is what the dough looks like after it rises, if you let it go the full hour and a half it will spill over the sides:

all rolled out with butter and cinnamon :

all rolled up:

here they are ready to rise some more:

Comment

here they are now that they are done and iced, I cant wait to eat one, I'm gonna let them cool a little and then enjoy.

Comment

Nice job! Looks tasty!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thank you sir...
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Great looking cinnamon rolls! I know from experience that you don't have to let them cool off before grabbing one. If they're cool enough to frost, they're cool enough to sample.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Those look great.
              KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Another one of my favorites. Nice job and thanks for sharing.
                Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
                GOSM x 2
                Vermont Casting Grill
                Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

looks great krusher, thanks for sharing

Comment

hope you all enjoy them, they really are good, when me and the wife go to the store I always ask her if she wants cinnamon buns when we walk past the canned biscuits and she looks at me with that look and says " yeah, but not those ".

I'm sure several of you know what look I'm talking about....

Comment

Them look darn good.
                      Another trick for rising yeast dough is to just turn the oven light on, and close the door. Supposedly, that will make it around 80° too. I don't know as I don't have a light in my oven. My sour dough is so active, I really don't worry about it. Plus I let it rise the first time over night anyway, as it helps to sour the sour dough, so to speak.

Tom

Comment

Krusher!
                        Those look like the best cinnamon rolls I will ever have.. right to the top of the never ending to do list!
                        Thanks for the recipe!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

nice post Krusher!!! lookin forward to more from you!!! you and wd resurrected these this past weekend, need to give them a shot points
                          Charbroil SFB
                          GOSM
                          MES
                          Dutch Ovens and other CI
                          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X