Tried the Northern today 1st time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried the Northern today 1st time.

I have made Kens recipe for the chicken, feta, spinach and shroom sausage many times before using my old Oster meat grinder. I have always had decent results using the old machine as a grind and stuff in one maneuver or a double grind and stuff especially for small batches. This northern grinder dont work to well this way, if it were my first time making sausage I'd say FTS. I had ground the thighs pretty much still frozen using the 3/8 plate, mixed and tried to regrind and stuff using the 1/4 inch. For one thing the stuffing tube is a separate piece from the flange which dont work too well, my old one was one solid flange/tube. And pushing already ground meat with a very tight fitting push rod just created alot of air pressure and vacuum. (honeymoon like even) I have two 8 quart enterprise stuffers, but there a pain when doing small batches, so I guess I will be looking for a 5 pounder. The grinder itself did OK but I did notice some raised burrs on the SS Knife after grinding the meat.

Naw, I didn't take any, but it did happen.

Comment

hmmm.... i thought this thread was about you going to the only strip club in fargo, nd

Comment

Guess i will definetly strike this one off list...maybe stick with old reliable...Tanks for review white cloud...Tinkin i just need spend money for a big boy anywho...

Comment

yeah, thanks Lee, been considering a small grinder just for small batches and was considering this one.
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

If the stuffing tube and flange was one solid piece or locked together somehow it would have worked much better. And I could make a less tight fitting push rod to for trying to to push some previosly ground meat through.
            Really for the price it ain't bad.

Comment

Working...
            X