cabelas 5 lb horizontal stuffer , my review of the new toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabelas 5 lb horizontal stuffer , my review of the new toy

Hey gang , couple weeks ago I came across Cabelas clearing out some of their stuffers due to the sizes (incorrect) of the stuffing tubes ...this particular unit ( 5 lb horizontal ) had the smallest size tube listed as 10 mm ( you would think ideal for snack sticks ) but the size was off , tube size wasn't really a concern to me so I went ahead and ordered one ... hell reg price was 174.99 usd and they cleared them out at 79.88 ... all toll shipped to me taxes/shipping/duties ... grand total of 115.58 and let me tell ya this little unit is well built , SS steel piston , 2 speeds , very solid cannister , comes with an extra seal for the piston a great little stuffer .

My 30 lb unit has a PLASTIC piston and the cannister not as solid either IMHO , no spare gasket either .

I wanted a small unit for doing smaller test batches / the 30 lber left about 2 1/2 lb at the bottom after the piston bottomed out ( great if you wanted a fatty ) but no good for small batches ... this little 5 lb unit leaves nothing at the bottom except for what's in the tube .

It is very easy to load , easy to take apart/put together and easy to use even alone

only issue was that the smallest tube would only ( just barely ) take on a 22 mm cologen casing , a real PITA butt shouldn't be a problem with natural casing as they will have more give ... I am very pleased with the quality,and especially the price

here's some pics , time to get it dirty
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    homebuilt verticle ( aka the q-bottle )

Wow..man great deal! What's gonna be the cherry-breaker?
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks good

I wish they had those marked down when I bought mine. They are probabably all made by the same company, but quality of the weston vertical that I bought is lacking.

Nice score.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        Wow..man great deal! What's gonna be the cherry-breaker?
        batch of breakfast sausage , 22 mm casing
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
          I wish they had those marked down when I bought mine. They are probabably all made by the same company, but quality of the weston vertical that I bought is lacking.

Nice score.
          Nicklemore , my cabelas 30 lb unit is made by weston I believe , not sure who makes this horizontal butt it is definetly higher quality
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X