In the market for a new stuffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the market for a new stuffer

Well my sausage stuffer took a crap on me las week and quickly realized why i don't use my grinder as a stuffer. wow i forgot how slow it is. Anyway just wieghing my options seeing if anyone has a 5lb stuffer for sale. I bought my last one for 50 bucks and am looking to spend about the same.

I would be also willing to send you the parts to my old stuffer. If you could use them. the gears are shot but and the screw is locked up but the tub and everything else is in good shape. I am just sick of messing around trying/waiting for the sausage maker to send me the right parts and haggling with their customer service(i've been sent the wrong thing 3x) by the way its a sausage maker stuffer(5lb) probably could be just like new if you got new gears for it. I am just sick of messing with it.

Anyway let me know if you got a 5lb vertical stuffer. I am going to look around for awhile as i did most of the rest of my sausage for the month with the grinder/stuffer. so i can be patient.

let me know

I can't do $50, but I can $100. And I paid $170... but the ole Enterprise is annoying me. One thing for sure..it'll bust you before you bust it. I'm looking for a 15-20 lb'er that don't outweigh the meat... heh!

The E will do about 17 lbs..depending on type.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

let me think about it. don't really have a whole lot of cash to spare. plus i'm thinkin it may cost a buttload to ship. would like an enterprise though. I am looking at a northern tool stuffer on ebay right now let me see what that gets up too.

Comment

They are heavy. I'm lookin for a 5 pounder myself. I dont care if I have to fill it 4 times

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
        I can't do $50, but I can $100. And I paid $170... but the ole Enterprise is annoying me. One thing for sure..it'll bust you before you bust it. I'm looking for a 15-20 lb'er that don't outweigh the meat... heh!

The E will do about 17 lbs..depending on type.

Comment

My 5 lb LEM vertical stuffer(with the metal gears) is 2 or 3 years old and already has stripped gears. I would not hesitate to get the nylon gears if you can save a few bucks doing it.
          Keith

Comment

I have a Northern 5# with Nylon gears that is about 2 years old... No problems yet
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
              My 5 lb LEM vertical stuffer(with the metal gears) is 2 or 3 years old and already has stripped gears. I would not hesitate to get the nylon gears if you can save a few bucks doing it.
              What are you saying? You stripped the metal gears? but recommend the nylon? I'm not getting it?

Comment

I found a 20# Cabelas in their Bargain Cave for $175 and next to it was the electric motor for $100.

Pays to always be on the prowl for a good deal!

TJ
                - http://www.AMAZENPRODUCTS.COM
                - 40" MES
                - Char-Broil The Big Easy Infrared Turkey Fryer
                - Stainless Steel BBQ Grill
                - Gander #12 Grinder
                - Cabelas 20# Stuffer
                - Gander Meat Mixer

Comment

Originally posted by TJohnson View Post
                  I found a 20# Cabelas in their Bargain Cave for $175 and next to it was the electric motor for $100.

Pays to always be on the prowl for a good deal!

TJ
                  Nice score, congrats!
                  --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                  www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

I'm missing something here when I'm stuffing sausage i can do it with my little finger with my lem fiver.what are you guys doing that stuffs hard
                    2-22.5'' weber
                    1-18'' weber
                    1 smokey joe
                    22.5'' wsm
                    24'' smoke vault
                    1-outhouse
                    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
                      I'm missing something here when I'm stuffing sausage i can do it with my little finger with my lem fiver.what are you guys doing that stuffs hard
                      I believe it was meat sticks, thus the small stuffing tube that increases pressure and also probably not enough water in the meat mixture.
                      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                        What are you saying? You stripped the metal gears? but recommend the nylon? I'm not getting it?
                        Just saying the metal gears are no better than the nylon, and the nylon rigs are cheaper.
                        Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                          Just saying the metal gears are no better than the nylon, and the nylon rigs are cheaper.
                          Wow you have busted metal gears on a 5lb stuffer? Easy tiger lol

Comment

Working...
                          X