Johnny Walker Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Walker Blue

Had to bartend the other weekend at the club and had a taste of Johnny Walker blue. I'm not a scotch person AT ALL, but this stuff was dreamy smooth. Got to have a little sample, then the gentleman that had it asked me to make him a Johnny Walker Blue & drambuie (2/1). WOW. What a phenominal drink. We couldnt have this kind of stuff in a VFW, even with our reduced pricing, this would have to go for like (interruption: just looked up price per 1/5, $185, now we have to make 100% on that, so we should bring in $370 per bottle. That's only about $15 per shot. While this is a high price for a shot, I've seen this stuff on drink menu's for $45 per shot!)

Still would never have this at the club, higher priced alcohol tends to "evaporate" at a faster rate around there.
    Mustang electric smoker
    King Kooker vertical gasser
    Charbroil silver smoker
    Earnhardt Jr smoker
    Brinkman smoke n' grill
    a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

I don't care for scotch either, really... but I have had a couple that were interesting. Not the Blue, but some single malts. Laiphroag or something, and Glenmorang. All those were well over $200 as I recall...
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Never tried any of the higher dollar stuff but I do like glenlevent scotch on ice ($30-$35 1/5).

Comment

I can get on some Glenfiddich...Good to me...Scotsman & friend, got me on it when I went to Elgin! High end stuff...I ain't got the Jack!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Worth the money?

Scotch at $185 plus or good old fashioned moonshine .........

Comment

I thought I liked scotch pretty well until a friend turned me on to old(er) small-batch bourbon.. My particular favorite at the moment is "Noah's Mill" -- 114 proof, 15 years old.. VERY nice. I'm not as fond of the flavors in some of the lower-proofed bourbons, but the older they get, the better they are.. And they're a LOT cheaper than scotch...

-Michael Dow
            ---
            Michael Dow, D.C.
            Houston, Tx

Comment

I know the James Buchanan’s Scotch can be really expensive, depending on who is drinking it.
              sigpic

GOSM/propane
              UDS (Cam)/lump
              22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
              Weber Genesis/propane
              Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Working...
              X