pecan Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pecan Fantasy

there is a big ta-do this weekend with pecans. cakes,pies, cookie ect. no meats darn.
    we are making several entrys for the contest that the pecan farmers are hosting.
    we have a pecan cheese cake with chili marmilade on it and the girls made a pie crust out of pecans they pulverized, red and green chili pecan cookies, and the girls are making several other items for the contest.
    am going to smoke several pounds of pecans with pecan.lol. see how that works in some of the recipes.
    last a saw my camera one of those dern south american hissing skunk rats were dragin it off under the chicken shed. going ta lurer him out later with a dead fish.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
    am going to smoke several pounds of pecans with pecan.
    ah, the irony!

I have tried to Mad Hunky them...I dunno...almonds seem to do better.

I did do a pork/beef somekinda sausage logs a while ago with some smoked pecan in them...interesting... kinda sweet and looked neat. They were a bit "soft" tho.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

If ya need a taste tester for them cookies i'll send ya my addy

Oh ya shit no pics prolly didnt happen
      2-22.5'' weber
      1-18'' weber
      1 smokey joe
      22.5'' wsm
      24'' smoke vault
      1-outhouse
      Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
      Smoked meathead #135

Comment

get after it Bill.........

Comment

Man...Dat cheesecake is sounding good!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

well, we entered 5 items, Boy child took 3rd place with his, girls took 3rd a 1st and another 1st, best of show and grand champions, checks will be mailed. we pick up the trophys and ribbons monday. and will be spot lighted next year at the show.

red chili pecan cookies 3rd

green chile pecan cookies 1st

pecan cheese cake with our soon to be famous mexican marmilade 1st (took us over the top)

and the boy childs crepes stuffed with smoked pork loin and honey pecan sauce. took 3rd.
            am trying to get them to have a smoked meat entry next year..will see. they like the idea.
            a pecan apple cake that did not place. (insert it suxed smiley)

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

congrats to you and the kids!!! good to see them involved... kinda like ol ted used to say take your kids hunting so you dont have to hunt for your kids...
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Wow, great news Kyote. Congrats to all. Not going to be easy to top that next year...
                ---------------------------------------------------
                I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                KCBS CBJ

Comment

Congrats on the winning entries! WooHoo! I love pecans!

Comment

Wow, way to go Kyote clan!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

thanks all for the nice words, my kids were sure proud of what they did. and I must say all worked hard in the mess hall trying to get every thing right. even made double batchs in case one messed up.
                      we were kinda dissapointed that it did not make the news paper the next day. might be in todays, have not checked.

they already have made plans for next year and have the recipes for next year jotted down and in the cook book.lol

we shall see.

Comment

Very cool, well done !
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

well the checks and ribbons arrived last week. pretty cool. the kids be struttin their stuff..

Comment

Working...
                          X