Smoked Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Pizza

I know we used to talk about this a little bit but haven't seen anything on it here yet so I figured let's get the discussion going. Kind of bringing this one back from the archieves to be fair.

Smoked pizza is excellent and probably some of the best pizza I have ever had. It's fairly simple to do and well worth it.

He's a shot of the lump fired up:

This is called a Philly Cheese Steak before and after:

It was outstanding. This was done with indirect heat, applewood and a pizza stone to boot.

I know Ken/Texas Hunter has some experieince here as others do so let's get a Smokin Pizza thread going.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

That looks great. I got a dirty look the other day from my wife when I mentioned putting her pizza stone in the smoker. I guess I gotta get one of my own.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Yum... and cool how the camera interpets the intense infrared spectrum of light coming from the lump... :{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Looks excellent Abelman!!
        Very cool pic of the fire!
        Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
        http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice very nice,now i'm hungry again
          2-22.5'' weber
          1-18'' weber
          1 smokey joe
          22.5'' wsm
          24'' smoke vault
          1-outhouse
          Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
          Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Rock on Man! That pizza be lookin good!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Oh yeah. That looks great! Gotta do this one real soon. Thanks for posting it.

sigpic
              Brinkman SnP-w/mods
              ECB
              GOSM
              MES for sticks and sausage
              30 yr old Weber Kettle
              Brinkman gasser

Comment

Looks mighty tasty! I wish I had a few slices of that right now to go with my after work cocktail!
                Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by wutang View Post
                  That looks great. I got a dirty look the other day from my wife when I mentioned putting her pizza stone in the smoker. I guess I gotta get one of my own.
                  She's prolly right...unless you want the next 20 pies coming off that stone to be "smoked". Those things are porous as all get-out.

NEVER use soap or detergents on them.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    She's prolly right...unless you want the next 20 pies coming off that stone to be "smoked". Those things are porous as all get-out.

NEVER use soap or detergents on them.
                    Yeah she is careful with it. She has a whole bunch of Pampered Chef stonewhere-pizza stone, baking dishes, ect. She is very protective of it. She even watches over my shoulder as I do dishes to make sure it doesn't get soap near it.
                    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

It looks real good Abe. Do you have an idea as to what temp even though indirectly you were smokin at?. I am real picky with my pie's and I place the pizza on a stone in a 500 degree oven.

Comment

Thanks guys,

As far as the stones go, we have two. One from Pampered Chef my wife got years ago. The other one we got was from Bed Bath and Beyond and it was much cheaper. Can't tell a difference between the two except the shape.

They have been really well seasoned and never washed, just scraped every once in awhile. Funny thing is, I had to remind my wife for awhile not to wash them.

Honestly, once well seasoned, I don't notice a degree of smoke being absorbed. That said, these were seasoned in the oven and get used on a regular basis.

Pete
                        Large BGE

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                          It looks real good Abe. Do you have an idea as to what temp even though indirectly you were smokin at?. I am real picky with my pie's and I place the pizza on a stone in a 500 degree oven.
                          Yeah, I did this at 425
                          Pete
                          Large BGE

Comment

Thanks, I should give this a shot. Being at a slightly lower temp would give that little extra smoke kick from the little extra time it takes to bake. OK where is my list.
                            Originally posted by Abelman View Post
                            Yeah, I did this at 425

Comment

Oh wow is that a treat I'm glad you brought back!! Wish you lived close enough to deliver

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                              Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X