Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's this big Verticle worth ya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this big Verticle worth ya think?

Was looking at craiglist this morning and came across this big vertical on a trailer. Thought you guys might have some ideas on what it is worth and like to see it.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/for/2246597441.html
    Attached Files
    "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

by the time you figure the pipe, end caps, welding labor, trailer, handles, etc... everything adds up. if I were building that style and knew it was a quality build that would hold heat well and would work during a good storm, i would say he's not TOO outrageous... a little high, but i would probably be selling a brand new one for about $3500-4000... based on M material costs, labor, etc. that all varies by location and welder.

the trailer alone would be worth at least $400-$600 by the time you figure a good axle, suspension, metal, etc.

the smoker itself is probably another $900-$1000. the tables are another $300... and that's just material.

plus, you have labor, misc. parts and pieces, licensing the trailer, wiring, etc... it all adds up quick.

Later,
    Andy
    Current babies:
    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
    -RichTee's Lang :)
    Former Lineup:
    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

honestly really sight unseen except pics i think it would be worth $500-$600 easy depending the trailer in good shape and the firebox isnt jerryrigged... my .02
      Mike
      Oklahoma City
      22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
      Weber 22.5 Performer
      GOSM 3405gw
      Boomer Sooner Drum
      Maverick ET-732
      Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
      A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

I agree with aczeller on the cost to build estimate. You would have to judge what it would be worth to you. My own observation is that the firebox is too small for that much tank.
        BBQ catering
        Competition BBQ team
        "Practical BBQ" Author

Comment

No idea what its worth but thats a pretty cool setup...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Not really sure what it's worth. But it sure is nice, really like those built in tables. yet another use for a jet ski trailer..I think I know where one is and I just happen to have some 1/4" steel plate and a few sheets of exp metal......
            sigpic

Comment

Neat package for sure! I'm wondering about the size of the firebox as well, tho. Perhaps if it was an insulated cab, or used only on warm, dry days, but we all know that don't always happen.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

does anyone else think that a small firebox (probably not insulated, but that would make a difference) with a narrow tube to the smoker just isn't going to be very efficient.

Other than that, love it :-)
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                X