Gas prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas prices

Maybe not exactly related to a cookoff but, related to cookoffs. Has the high cost of gas kept teams from not competing or just competing in local ones? Inquiring minds and all.
    www.nopigleftbehind.com
    -----------------------------

They could always buy a Prius or a Chevy Volt...Oh, Wait, kinda hard to pull a smoking rig with a lawn mower.
    BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
    Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
    I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Be interesting

Be interesting to see what everyone is paying around the country, here it's $3.38 for reg that's up about .70 cents in 30 day's. How about everyone else
      Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
      Weber 22.5" WSM
      Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
      Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
      Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
      Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
      Weber Smokey Joe
      GMG Daniel Boone
      Pit Barrel Cooker
      Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
      6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
      Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
      The Vortex

Comment

$3.77 here.. But I buy Diesel...
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

$3.39 and rising... at a rapid rate. Fuckers.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

again - stop whining !
            You people have no concept of high priced gas & diesel.

Most diesel is Around $7.90 a gallon over here with petrol not that far behind (around $7.50)

And yes it is having an impact on people's driving habits.

Predictions are that it's going to hit £2 a litre by the end of the year. that's $11.35 a gallon to you.
            I can see tricycles making a big comeback as HGV vehicles pretty soon.

Always amazed what they can get on the back of these little buggers
            Last edited by curious aardvark; 03-07-2011, 04:53 PM.
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Regular $3.55 in Northern Michigan.

Comment

Gas 3.78 and diesel 4.09 filled my truck the other day $144.00 That's Cen. Ca for you

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  again - stop whining !

Most diesel is Around $7.90 a gallon over here with petrol not that far behind (around $7.50)

Predictions are that it's going to hit £2 a litre by the end of the year. that's $11.35 a gallon to you.
                  I can see tricycles making a big comeback as HGV vehicles pretty soon.

Always amazed what they can get on the back of these little buggers

Who said I was whining?? I drive 50 miles round trip to the office... Then on average I will drive 50-60 miles during the day.. My truck get 15 - 16 mpg in the city and 18 on the highway.. So on average I spend $90 - $95 to fill up two times a week... And my company does not buy my fuel..

I enjoy paying $750 plus a month in fuel..
                  Ken

Comment

3.43 a gal. here...Jet fuel @ the Chopper shop is right at 6.50 a gal....
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                      again - stop whining !

Stop whining? I'm not whining!!! I'm PISSED!!!! We are being raped and not even one idiot politician is there to help, except themselves! We're sitting on oil wells that we are "not allowed" to touch. We don't need foreign oil. Plus, we have technologies that can and will replace our dependency on oil, but where did they go? Oil gurus have so much control... I hope and pray that God figures it out in the end...

Sorry CA... BTW, you are getting fucked too...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

That's got to be one of the fastest thread hijacks in history in after the first reply!!

Ok, what I was asking is if gas prices are causing teams not to compete or compete close to home.
                        www.nopigleftbehind.com
                        -----------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by gooose53 View Post
                          That's got to be one of the fastest thread hijacks in history in after the first reply!!

Ok, what I was asking is if gas prices are causing teams not to compete or compete close to home.
                          Sorry bro... my bad... it's just a real sore spot. I'll behave.

I only do a few local comps, so I don't think it will effect me too much... but the prices of meat going up... who knows...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I guess I left that part out.. Myself I will compete in the same ones I always have.. Now talking with some that run the circuit have said they will be only competing to the ones close to home..
                            Ken

Comment

Sorry Goose,

I've known (or had a sinking feeling at least) for a couple years that the Shit was gonna hit the fan on prices, so I have banked some coin ahead of all of this crap...I'll be alright.

I will be competing in more contests this year than last...but relatively close to home. That way if I forget my therma pen or some other indespensible piece is equipment, the beautiful and talented Mrs. Engineer can drop it by.

I will also plan a couple of trips ~ 300 miles one way towing the Iron Maiden back to Iowa for a family reunion and to cook for my family.

Put me in the doing more than last year category, but staying pretty close to home.
                              Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 03-07-2011, 08:00 PM.
                              BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                              Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                              I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Working...
                              X