Greenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenhouse...

Louie's been wanting a greenhouse for years. I've rounded up a bunch of old cheap sliding windows. Got a basic idea in me brain. I know Big Guy has a greenhouse & I like it. Yeah...I knowed it get's hotter than Hell in Florida...it's just a thing for me Linda Lou. Lookin at about 8x12. Thought's & think's & pic's be nice. Uhhh...obtw ALX...me compost is rockin...Fish... Uhh...I knowed there's some fine garden's out there...
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Make sure the top windows pivot up for venting, they do make automatic openers when the heat rises, a good circulating fan, auto watering system, and in the hot summer you can spray on some white wash.

Comment

You can get shade cloth pretty cheap for putting over the glass so it doesn't fry everything in the summer.
      We grow lettuce all summer long in the shade houses at work.
      "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by moselle View Post
        You can get shade cloth pretty cheap for putting over the glass so it doesn't fry everything in the summer.
        We grow lettuce all summer long in the shade houses at work.
        Cheers Mo! Never thought of that!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Yeah If yer using glass you will need some of shade cloth to keep from overheating...even in cool weather...Glass is like a magnifying glass...
          I would go with something else to diffuse the direct sunlight...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Thats what the white wash was for..................shade, used to work in a huge greenhouse operation when I was a teen and I guess the shade cloth wasn't economical for a place that size thats why we used to spray the roofs with white wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
              Louie's been wanting a greenhouse for years. I've rounded up a bunch of old cheap sliding windows. Got a basic idea in me brain. I know Big Guy has a greenhouse & I like it. Yeah...I knowed it get's hotter than Hell in Florida...it's just a thing for me Linda Lou. Lookin at about 8x12. Thought's & think's & pic's be nice. Uhhh...obtw ALX...me compost is rockin...Fish... Uhh...I knowed there's some fine garden's out there...

Mike if you want to save some cash you may want to look at these plans I posted a while back for Tip...

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3235
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Don't windows have some UV thing that interferes with sunlight?

WHOA!!!!!!!!! I just got spell checked!!!!!
                Cool!!

Was I the first person to spell something wrong with this update??
                Do I get a prize? A dictionary? lol
                "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Do we have an auto Spell Check now?

Originally posted by moselle View Post
                  Don't windows have some UV thing that interferes with sunlight?

WHOA!!!!!!!!! I just got spell checked!!!!!
                  Cool!!

Was I the first person to spell something wrong with this update??
                  Do I get a prize? A dictionary? lol

Comment

Don noww buttt welll seeif'n it werks!
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Nope!
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

If I had to do it over again I would buy one from Harbor freight tools. they sell greenhouses in several sizes and the models I've seen look good. I couldn't build one for what they are selling them for.
                        Col. Big Guy

Comment

Working...
                        X