Imprompteau Blue Crab boil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imprompteau Blue Crab boil.

I was at the Asian market last night on the way home from work to pick up some items for a Filipino feast I am doing today(pork belly, green papaya, sesame oil, ong choy, bok choy, spring roll wrappers, etc.). H-Mart has a great selection of live crabs and lobsters typically, and often has live blue crabs. As I walked around grabbing my items and checking out items such as their rabbit, pork, beef and chicken offal I spied a bin of really active blue crabs. @ $3.99/lb I was all over them.

Grabbed 8 of the meanest most active ones that worked out to about $1 each by weight. Quickly drove the 1 hour home and got my stock pot ready with some crab boil, an inch or so of water and some crab boil. 10 minutes later they were done. Served with some Zatarains rice and some melted butter.

Meat was sweet and fresh, a couple females in the batch so there wa some sweet roe to be had.

simple, quick, good friday supper. thanks for looking.
    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Cool, lets see inside one of those...I know you have more pictures.
    "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Gotta say Jim, you are right on your game bro. We don't get blues around here but I love em. You and I would be dangerous in an asian market. Improv points man And a micky's, , ,
      JT

Comment

Originally posted by moselle View Post
        Cool, lets see inside one of those...I know you have more pictures.
        lol..

actually I dont, hands get pretty messy breaking them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
          Gotta say Jim, you are right on your game bro. We don't get blues around here but I love em. You and I would be dangerous in an asian market. Improv points man And a micky's, , ,
          that asian market is great. lots of pork belly as well as tanks of fish, crabs, etc. Also dumplings, spices, sauces. Also a food court with a korean, filipino, chinse, and japanese stand. I have to make my trips quick and watch how much i spend.
          Last edited by chisoxjim; 03-12-2011, 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling gaff.

Comment

Damn that looks good , I like the Mickeys in the pic

GOSM
            K.C.B.S Member # 60786
            Digital Thermometers
            Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
            140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

That be some good chit right there.. Been many a moon since I had a Mickeys Big Mouth..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
                that asian market is great. lots of pork belly as well as tanks of fish, crabs, etc. Also dumplings, spics, sauces. Also a food court with a korean, filipino, chinse, and japanese stand. I have to make my trips quick and watch how much i spend.
                Spics? I'm hoping you meant spices right?

GOSM
                K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                Digital Thermometers
                Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Awesome stuff

Those critters look great, Is that market in Naperville?

Comment

Yup,... now I am gonna be heading to get some Crabs. Can taste that sweet meat already!
                    Have an asian market here in Portland that has live blue crabs, dungeness, mussels, oysters. etc...

Thanks for the post! Was wondering what food adventure to go on today and that is why I came here this morning!

Oh,you gotta have the corn and Taters!
                    Attached Files
                    "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

That looks great. I would tear up a few of those.

Originally posted by northern greenhorn View Post
                      Damn that looks good , I like the Mickeys in the pic
                      Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                      That be some good chit right there.. Been many a moon since I had a Mickeys Big Mouth..
                      I am glad I am not the only one who immediately noticed the Mickey's. It has been a while for sure.
                      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Dam that would bea great meal to have right about now.
                        Propane Smoke Shack
                        UDS
                        Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by northern greenhorn View Post
                          Spics? I'm hoping you meant spices right?
                          whoops... spices..

Mickeys is in my regualr rotation with the High Life.

Comment

Niiiice... wow Mickey's in the wide mouth eh? Hehe... I remember those... kinda sorta fondly ;{)
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                              Niiiice... wow Mickey's in the wide mouth eh? Hehe... I remember those... kinda sorta fondly ;{)
                              malt liquor packs a punch(with some tequila shots drooling:).

I remember the Mickeys back in the day had the ring pull off tops, now they are twists, but still as good.

Comment

Working...
                              X