Stuffed smoked red potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuffed smoked red potatoes

Spring is almost here, time to get back in gear! Someone brought some stuffed baby red potatoes to a beer tasting last month, and I knew what my next appetizer dish for pinball league was going to be right then and there.

I couldn't find any baby reds, so I just used regular red potatoes.

Boil taters for 20-30 minutes until soft.

Cut each on in half, scoop out the middle leaving a 1/4" of tater meat around the shell.

Mash scooped out tater meat with butter, heavy cream, blue cheese, fresh cooked bacon bits, diced scallion, salt, pepper and a dash of garlic powder. Your measurements may vary, I eyeballed every thing. I tried to go for a someone thicker filler but still have some creaminess to the taste.

Fill cooled tater shells with filling, and top with some cheese. I used smoked cheddar.

Smoke them for 30 minutes with hickory, or your wood of choice at high heat. I wish I could have smoked them longer to firm the skin up a bit, but they were fine as is.

I forgot to bring sour cream to dip them in which would have been the icing on the tater.

sigpic

They look friekin' great! Love the twice cooked taters.
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Great looking Taters. Pinball league?? How does that work? Looks like an excuse to hang out with a bunch of buddies while shooting the bull, eating and drinking beer all while playing pinball. Sounds right up my alley. But seriously how does it work?
      Propane Smoke Shack
      UDS
      Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
      sigpic

Comment

Don't see any shortage of potato fans in the crowd..;{)

Big er small..redskins be tender and worthy of tenderer treatment than yer Idaho spud Nice job Mick!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Good stuff there Pin Ball Daddy!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
            Great looking Taters. Pinball league?? How does that work? Looks like an excuse to hang out with a bunch of buddies while shooting the bull, eating and drinking beer all while playing pinball. Sounds right up my alley. But seriously how does it work?
            We play in a league of 24 people, and members take turn hosting at their homes on their private collections. Each host has at least 6 pins to play on. Each player plays each game of the night one time against three other plays, all random seeded, going in order against each other according to ranking from the prior month with the highest ranked player going last. After each round is played, you score points based on your score against the other 3 players. 1st place gets 9 pts, 2nd 7 pts, 3rd 5pts and 4th gets 4 pts. Our season runs from October until April, with our league finals in May. In finals, the top 3 guys get a bye in to the final round in the A division, with everyone else battling for the other 5 seeds in A. The next 8 below that battle for the B division championship.

I am the reigning champion for last year, and currently ranked #2 in our league this year.

We battle for this: :-)

sigpic

Comment

By the way, if any of you Michigan folks run across any pinball machines for sale, I am always looking for something new!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X