Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Heat Stormy Night Weber Gasser 3 Hour "Small" Ribs Without Mad Hunky Boo F-n Hoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Heat Stormy Night Weber Gasser 3 Hour "Small" Ribs Without Mad Hunky Boo F-n Hoo

I'm placing my Mad Hunky order today...... Ribs just aint the same without it.

Was jonesing for some ribs with limited time..... Raining really hard & windy last night & don't have a cover to bbq under yet, so fired up the old Weber gasser, put in a Alder wood aluminum foil smoke bomb & put the offset heat 315* - 325* to some spares.... These were labeled as "small", which is apparently due to the small area which actually does contain a rib bone ...... I guess I never really paid attention when I buy them, just grab a bag & go..... Anyhow, cut them into thirds, hit them with my inferior rub & offset cooked for 2 hours.... Then, 3rd & Final hour I sauced/glazed them every 15 minutes with SBR's mixed with honey, vinegar & jalapeno sauce..... 3 hours in I had some pretty good ribs & even a little smoke ring

Starting out.....

2 Hours in.....

2 Hours in..... Taken from the glaze cam....

Done..... With flash

Done..... Without flash

Sliced.....
    sigpic

Don't matter how you get there just so you get there... Thats my next project (building shelter) so I can actually get some smoking done around here. Weather just sucks... Anyway those look damn good!

Comment

Not a damn thing wrong with those ribs except geography. They should be in central CA wif me Used the same technique myself Scott. Sometimes the gasser is the way to go. Time aint always on your side.
      JT

Comment

looks like ya rode high on the wall but the push outta 4 got ya across the line........
        sigpic
        it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Flame on Mr. Fish, we got ribs to cook! Not a bad looking meal for a Tuesday night. Thinking I got to order up some Hunky Magic in a bag myself. Good Stuff Maynard.
          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

I gotta do some ribs SOON!

Originally posted by THE__DRIFTER View Post
            Thats my next project (building shelter) so I can actually get some smoking done around here.
            That is one of our next projects, too! I can not wait!

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
            Not a damn thing wrong with those ribs except geography. They should be in central CA wif me
            Nope, I disagree...they need to be farther East with ME!!!
            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
            Pink Thermapen
            Purple Thermapen

Comment

Mmmm.... ribs good...gasser ok with the smoke bomb ..Mans gotta do what it takes ta have ribs

Comment

Looks real good Maynard........

Comment

Nothing wrong with those ribs, except they need to be in me belly!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Out of Hunky?I thought you were a paid spokesperson Nice work Codswallup
                    sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Still look purty good to me...

Fear not... the MH is on the way, man!
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I believe it is illegal in this state to be out of Mad Hunky... you may want to check... I'm just sayin'...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                        X