grilled artichokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grilled artichokes

Anyone know the best way to grill artichokes? The local grocery had them on sale. I say a foodtv episode but only caught the end of the program. It looked great. I guess you marinate it in EVOO or italian dressing and then season it. Never ate artichokes before so I have no idea when it will be done.
    Stumps Baby
    Bubba Keg Convection Grill
    Digi Q
    Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
    Custom end grain cutting board
    Superfast Yellow Thermapen
    18 " Smoke Vault
    12" AMNTS
    AMNPS
    Newbie beer brewer

Here's a recipe I have:

Grilled Artichokes

I top and remove the choke. Then I trim the outer leaves to remove the thorns. I place them in a foil pan with about 1/2 inch water, salt the artichokes an place a pat of butter on top of each. After smoking in the egg 30 minutes at 250 degrees with pecan wood I cover with foil and steam for about 15 more minutes. I use the drippings to dip the leaves in.

I have tried this but still prefer steaming, FWIW, them for 45-50 minutes until tender. The heart is at the end of the road and tops everything off.

When done right, it's an excellent meal/appetizer.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Saw an episode of good eats the other day where alton broiled some 'chokes. looked pretty good, and I don't even like 'chokes.

here's a link to the recipe from the show

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...pe2/index.html
      Mike
      Life In Pit Row

Comment

Reckon I want to try some like Abelman!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post
          Here's a recipe I have:

Grilled Artichokes

I top and remove the choke. Then I trim the outer leaves to remove the thorns. I place them in a foil pan with about 1/2 inch water, salt the artichokes an place a pat of butter on top of each. After smoking in the egg 30 minutes at 250 degrees with pecan wood I cover with foil and steam for about 15 more minutes. I use the drippings to dip the leaves in.

I have tried this but still prefer steaming, FWIW, them for 45-50 minutes until tender. The heart is at the end of the road and tops everything off.

When done right, it's an excellent meal/appetizer.
          I believe I will give this a try tomorrow.
          Thanks.
          Stumps Baby
          Bubba Keg Convection Grill
          Digi Q
          Gasser with 4+ yrs of dust
          Custom end grain cutting board
          Superfast Yellow Thermapen
          18 " Smoke Vault
          12" AMNTS
          AMNPS
          Newbie beer brewer

Comment